•   
  •   
  •   

PoliticsTrump says two Washington Post reporters shouldn't be allowed at the White House

16:10  07 september  2019
16:10  07 september  2019 Source:   politico.com

Trump blasts Washington Post report that he offered pardons to aides over border wall orders

Trump blasts Washington Post report that he offered pardons to aides over border wall orders President Trump on Wednesday blasted The Washington Post over a report that he urged aides to do whatever is necessary to complete construction of the wall along the southern border, and that he would pardon them if they broke the law. The president dismissed the report, which was published Tuesday night and included on the record comments from the White House press office, as a "totally Fake story.""This was made up by the Washington Post only in order to demean and disparage - FAKE NEWS!" Trump tweeted.

Reporter for The Fact Checker. — President Trump , in remarks at the White House , Sept. In February, Trump declared the situation at the border — hundreds of thousands of mostly Central American migrants seeking entry to the United States — a national emergency.

The Post ’s premier daily podcast. Unparalleled reporting , insight and analysis — for your ears. The Post has removed article limits on coverage of Hurricane Dorian to make these stories available The retailer also will stop open carry at its stores in the wake of two shootings at Walmart stores that left at

President Donald Trump on Saturday took aim at two Washington Post reporters, saying they “shouldn’t even be allowed” at the White House following a story critical of the administration’s record.

Trump says two Washington Post reporters shouldn't be allowed at the White House© Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images President Donald Trump targeted two Washington Post reporters.

“The Washington Post’s @PhilipRucker (Mr. Off the Record) & @AshleyRParker, two nasty lightweight reporters, shouldn’t even be allowed on the grounds of the White House because their reporting is so DISGUSTING & FAKE,” the president tweeted at 7:09 a.m.

The tweet linked to an op-ed by White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham and Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley rebutting a Washington Post story published earlier this week that highlighted the president’s missteps amid the administration’s policy stumbles over the summer.

Trump’s Personal Assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, Steps Down

Trump’s Personal Assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, Steps Down President Trump’s personal assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, whose office sits in front of the Oval Office and who has served as the president’s gatekeeper since Day 1 of his administration, resigned on Thursday, two people familiar with her exit said. Ms. Westerhout’s abrupt and unexpected departure came after Mr. Trump learned on Thursday that she had indiscreetly shared details about his family and the Oval Office operations she was part of during a recent off-the-record dinner with journalists. Ms. Westerhout’s abrupt and unexpected departure came after Mr.

Reporters , including ABC’s Jonathan Karl, try to use the occasion to ask Trump questions, instead of simply observing the interaction with the House He asked the White House for more details on the interaction, receiving a statement: “The staff asked the press to leave the room. I am not going to

Reporter covering white -collar crime and Wall Street. The Trump administration’s vast plan for remaking the housing market could leave future home buyers, particularly those who are lower income, with fewer options and less resources, according to housing advocates.

Trump’s Saturday tweet was a capstone to a week when Grisham has given indications how she plans to operate as press secretary, the president engaged in a six-day battle with the press over his misleading claim Alabama was due to take a harder hit from Hurricane Dorian than models suggested at the time, and a White House decision to revoke a reporter’s press pass was blocked by a district court judge.

Grisham, who condemned the press-pass ruling, said Playboy reporter Brian Karem had violated standards of “professionalism” and “decorum” following a heated Rose Garden confrontation with former presidential aide Seb Gorka in July. The White House had moved to revoke Karem’s pass for 30 days.

Last November, the White House revoked CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press pass after a contentious moment at a press conference with Trump over the handling of a microphone during questioning. A federal judge later overturned that decision.

Trump says it 'shouldn't be too bad' if someone hacks his Twitter account because 'they're not going to learn too much'

Trump says it 'shouldn't be too bad' if someone hacks his Twitter account because 'they're not going to learn too much' Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey's account was hacked on Friday, immediately prompting questions about how secure Trump's account might be.

National reporter on The Washington Post 's breaking political news team. And she doesn’ t want, more importantly, the American people to hear the truth,” Trump said at a meeting with conservative leaders at the White House . In an exchange with reporters Wednesday morning, White House

White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters after the meeting that the two men did not try to resolve all of their differences, but he said it was "a little less awkward" than reporters might have anticipated. Obama and Trump met privately without any other staff in the room.

The White House Press Association had challenged the administration over its decisions on both Karem and Acosta.

The White House didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump's tweet. Both Rucker and Parker have highlighted positive reactions to their story on social media since its publication.

Trump this week has continued to level attacks on the media over the economy, climate and the presidential primary coverage amid the ongoing imbroglio over the president's hurricane comment.

On Friday, the president’s son Eric publicly challenged Washington Post reporter David Farenthold over an email Farenthold sent to a Trump Organization employee seeking details on the company. The president’s son, who is executive vice chairman of the Trump Organization, was widely ridiculed over his reaction to a common approach to business reporting. Farenthold explained his reporting methods in an online video.

Read More

Trump Meets a Contender for National Security Adviser Post.
President Donald Trump interviewed a presidential envoy for hostage affairs, Robert C. O’Brien, as his search for a new National Security adviser continues, two people familiar with the meeting said. © Getty Images via Bloomberg ASAP Rocky Assault Trial Resumes In Stockholm Trump and O’Brien met at the White House on Friday, the people said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the get-together hadn’t been announced. Trump has said he has about 15 candidates to replace John Bolton, who was ousted earlier this week.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!