Politics Lesley Stahl gets security protection after death threat over Trump ‘60 Minutes’ interview: report
Alexey Navalny describes being poisoned
The Russian opposition leader tells Lesley Stahl about what he went through after falling ill on an airplane this past August and why he won't let it stop him from the work he's doing against Russian President Vladimir Putin.Alexey Navalny: I said to the flight attendant, and I kind of shocked him with my statement, "Well, I was poisoned and I'm gonna die." And I immediately lay down on-- onto his feet.
CBS has reportedly hired full-time security for “60 Minutes” host Lesley Stahl after a family member received a death threat over her interview with President Trump.
An unidentified suspect called Stahl’s home Thursday, just hours before the president released his own copy of the interview on Facebook, and threatened her and her family and “said something about neo-Nazis,”reported Tuesday.
The Los Angeles Police Department would not confirm whether an investigation has been launched.
Stahl, 78, now reportedly has security guards at her home and with her whenever she goes out in public.
A spokesperson for CBS did not immediately return the Daily News' request for comment.
Donald Trump leaves contentious '60 Minute' interview with Lesley Stahl, goes on Twitter attack
Trump abruptly ended his '60 Minutes' interview and skipped a joint interview with Vice President Mike Pence; he also tweeted an attack on Lesley Stahl"This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about," Trump said in a pair of tweets hours after contentious exchanges with "60 Minutes" correspondent Lesley Stahl.
Lesley Stahl interviewed President Trump on "60 Minutes" last week.
Trump stringently objected to Stahl’s “tough” questions in the taped sit-down before he eventually stormed out, cutting off the scheduled interview before a planned walk-and-talk around the White House grounds.
Trump claimed he was trying to show “the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of ’60 Minutes' and CBS” when he posted the video, which was supposed to be for archival purposes only, online.
CBS decried Trump’s “unprecedented decision” to upload the 37-minute video and said it would not “deter ’60 Minutes' from providing its full, fair and contextual reporting which presidents have participated in for decades.”
“Few journalists have the presidential interview experience Lesley Stahl has delivered over her decades as one of the premier correspondents in America,” a spokesperson said in a statement.
When the network finally aired its full version of the interview, almost 17 million people tuned in, the largest “60 Minutes” audience since its March 2018 Stormy Daniels show, according to CBS.
'60 Minutes' Airs Interview with Trump, Showing Contrasts with Version President Leaked .
The president posted what he claimed was unedited footage of the interview with Lesly Stahl last week. Last night, CBS News told another story.The video Trump posted on his official Facebook page was taken from what he called "unedited" footage recorded by the White House for archival purposes. The nearly 38 minute video began with Stahl asking the president if he was ready for some "tough questions," to which he responded that he expected her to "just be fair." The conversation went downhill from there, with Trump becoming increasingly uncomfortable during the line of questioning.