Technology A huge list of Samsung Galaxy phones set to be updated to Android 10 just leaked
Samsung's Galaxy Fold will have support from 'hundreds' of apps
Foldable phones aren't worth much without apps that can take advantage of their screens -- Huawei even postponed the Mate X to give app makers more time to optimize their titles. That might not be much of a problem now that the revised Galaxy Fold is finally ready to make its debut. Samsung revealed that it has worked with Google and developers to bring Fold support to "hundreds" of apps, including big names like Amazon Prime Video, Facebook, Spotify and Twitter. This comes after Samsung and Google set up test labs that have spent months helping app makers fine-tune their work for the Fold.
A leak earlier this week claimed thatfor its 2019 flagships, including the Galaxy S10 series and the Note 10 series. That’s hardly surprising, considering that Samsung usually updates its latest flagships to Google’s most recent major Android version. If the rumor is correct, then the Android 10 update for the S10 and Note 10 models might drop a lot sooner than anticipated, maybe as soon as this winter. But a new leak gives us even better news: Samsung is apparently looking to update several other Android phones, although it’s unclear exactly when these devices will get Android 10.
Android 10 beta for Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 is almost here
Unless you own a Pixel, waiting for the latest Android release to hit your device can be excruciating, but anyone who picked up one of the latest flagship phones from Samsung this year won't have to wait too much longer. On Tuesday, SamMobile reported that Google will have a beta for Android 10, and that the program will be announced toward the end of September. The first build will begin rolling out in the US and Europe in October. We know that
Per, the following Android smartphones and tablets will get the Android 10 treatment in the near future:
We’re looking at quite the list here, and Samsung device owners who purchased affordable devices from the Galaxy M, J, and A series should be happy to hear that updates are in store for them.
That said, we’ll note the absence of a few devices that should be included on the list: Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy Note 10 5G, and Galaxy Tab S6. When it comes to the two 5G smartphones, there is a simple explanation for their absence. They’re both parts of broader flagship series, so they’ll probably get the update at the same time. But if this is indeed a document leaked from Samsung, it’s interesting that the company makes a point to highlight the Galaxy A90 5G on the list.
Samsung phones now connect to Android Auto wirelessly
If you've been waiting to connect your non-Google phone with wireless Android Auto, today's your lucky day. While Google initially said -- more than a year ago -- that Android Auto would work with any phone running Android 9.0 or higher, it's been restricted to its own Pixel and Nexus devices. Until now, it seems. As identified by Android Police, a Google support document has been revised to include a number of Samsung phones within Android Auto's ecosystem.The Samsung Galaxy phones now compatible with Android Auto Wireless include the Galaxy S8/S8+, S9/S9+, and S10/S10+. The Galaxy Note 8, Note 9, and Note 10 are also compatible. You'll need Android 9.
The Galaxy Tab S6 is the best tablet Samsung ever made, its own iPad Pro alternative that packs a bunch of features that. Therefore, it stands to reason that the Galaxy Tab S6 should be the first Samsung tablet to get Android 10. Finally, we’ll also observe that the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 phones aren’t even on the list. So if you’re rocking Samsung flagships from just 2 years ago, you might not get the Android 10 update if this list is the real deal.
Sign up for. For the latest news, follow us on , , and .
Google asks other search engines when selecting in Android to checkout
Google complies with the EU Commission's request to facilitate the selection of other search engines on Android phones - but the rivals should cost money.
Google wants to make competing search engines pay when users in Europe select them as an alternative when setting up Android devices. The Internet Group announced an auction procedure as a solution to the allegation of the European Commission that he was unfairly competitive. The authority had imposed a penalty of 4.34 billion euro against Google in the past year because of the business model with the Android operating system. The alternative preinstalled in-house web search of the group was a central criticism.
From the beginning of 2020, European users should be offered three additional search engines as well as Google when setting up an Android device. Who will be that, will be decided in an auction with closed bids, explained the Internet Group on the weekend. The four search engines should be randomly arranged in the list.
The auctions should take place once a year in each individual country of the European economic region. In their bid, the search engines should name the price they are willing to pay each time a user chooses their service. They will then receive a bill from Google on a monthly basis and should only pay when users select their service.
Model Climbing Plant:
"An auction is a fair and objective method to determine which search providers are on the selection screen come, "said the Internet company. Thecould decide for themselves how much it is worth to appear in the list. The selection list should only be displayed on devices with Google search preloaded.
The EU Commission was pleased in a reaction that Google promised the competing search engines the opportunity to pre-install their services on Android devices through deals with smartphone providers. "That was not possible before," stressed the authority. At the same time, it was said that the Commission would closely monitor the implementation of the shortlist and the reactions of other market participants to the procedure.Criticism of Google
Google's announcement quickly met with criticism from several competitors. The European search engine Qwant condemned the plan because it was "another unacceptable abuse of Google's dominant position." Among other things, Qwant pointed out that the proposed process "would be open to search engines that derive their results and revenue from Google, creating an unacceptable distortion and high risk of manipulation, inequality and infidelity of the auction."
The head of the search engine, Gabriel Weinberg, criticized on Twitter that with only four list places, the users would get too little choice - and Google would benefit at the expense of competitors.
2) A pay-to-play auction with only 4 slots means consumers do not want to lose their money. We encourage regulators to work directly with Google, us, and others to ensure the best system for consumers.- Gabriel Weinberg (@yegg)
The Google plan also foresees a situation in which other search engines could also be included in the list for free. Competitors must register for inclusion in the selection - and can then refrain from bidding. A minimum bid should be set for each country. If there are fewer than three Google rivals submitting the minimum bid, the free slots in the list should be randomly filled with the registered services, the corporation said. dpa
More on MSN
Samsung Galaxy S11 could have a central punch-hole, just like the Note 10 .
A source claims that Samsung will move the punch-hole for the Galaxy S11, as well as shrinking it.That’s according to @UniverseIce (a reliable leaker), who added that the punch-hole on the Galaxy S11 will be smaller than it is on the Galaxy Note 10.
Android Q Beta 6 is Out! - What's New?
Google released Android Q Beta 6 to developers and beta testers today. Android Q is the new version of Android and available to test on Pixel, Pixel 3a, OPPO ...
Good Lock 2018 Another Update: More Improvements!
Good Lock 2018 just received another update with improvements to several of it's modules. Check out the notable changes that were made to LockStar, ...