•   
  •   
  •   

Technology MWC 2020 offers refunds, discounts following cancellation due to coronavirus

12:06  26 march  2020
12:06  26 march  2020 Source:   cnet.com

MWC 2020 is cancelled due to coronavirus concerns

  MWC 2020 is cancelled due to coronavirus concerns MWC, the smartphone industry's biggest annual trade show, won't happen this year. On Wednesday, the GSMA, the organization that puts together the event, said it's cancelling MWC 2020 over coronavirus-related concerns. The trade show was scheduled to run between February 24th and 27th. According to Bloomberg, the GSMA said the coronavirus outbreak has made it "impossible" to host the event as planned. Last year, more than 100,000 people attended MWC. Many of those individuals were either based in China or worked for Chinese companies. The coronavirus has hit China hardest of all.

The list of events canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic seems to get longer by the day. But one of the first major events to be canceled was MWC A big concern for many exhibitors set to attend the show was the money they'd lose as a result of its cancellation . On Wednesday, the GSMA, which

The organizer of the world ’s biggest mobile technology conference, MWC 2020 in Barcelona, will offer refunds or discounts to future gatherings to the tens of thousands of attendees and companies that had paid to attend February’s canceled event. MWC was an early major casualty of the coronavirus

The list of events canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic seems to get longer by the day. But one of the first major events to be canceled was MWC , the annual Barcelona mobile show that was due to take place a month ago.

a group of people standing in front of a building: MWC 2021 planning is already in the works after this year's canceled show. Matthias Oesterle/Corbis via Getty Images © Provided by CNET MWC 2021 planning is already in the works after this year's canceled show. Matthias Oesterle/Corbis via Getty Images

A big concern for many exhibitors set to attend the show was the money they'd lose as a result of its cancellation. On Wednesday, the GSMA, which runs MWC, substantially relieved this burden by announcing it would offer all attendees a 100% refund on their tickets. The money will be returned by the original method of payment.

Coronavirus leads to cancellation of massive MWC mobile trade show in Barcelona

  Coronavirus leads to cancellation of massive MWC mobile trade show in Barcelona In Hoda and Jenna’s “A Chance at Romance” series, the ladies help real people looking for real love. With help from Melissa Hobley of OkCupid, our bachelorettes Lisa and Chloe each have dates with their three remaining men before narrowing down their top two.

"With due regard to the safe and healthy environment in Barcelona and the host country today, the GSMA has cancelled MWC Barcelona 2020 because the global concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak, travel concern and other circumstances, make it impossible for the GSMA to hold the event

Mobile World Congress 2020 in Barcelona, Spain, has officially been cancelled . The conference and trade show has been cancelled due to coronavirus fears after tech names like Sprint and LG pulled out this week.

Exhibitors spending big money (above £5,000, $5,933 or approximately AU$9,800) have a number of options for recouping their money. They can either choose to claim a 50% refund now (capped at £150,000, $178,000), or opt for credit to spend on exhibiting at future shows, which will amount to 150% of their original fee, spread over three years.

a group of people sitting at a train station: MWC 2021 planning is already in the works after this year's canceled show. © Matthias Oesterle/Corbis via Getty Images

MWC 2021 planning is already in the works after this year's canceled show.

Those exhibitors who spent less than £5,000 on their exhibition slot have a choice between claiming a 100% refund immediately, or opting for the same 150% credit plan as larger exhibitors.

As a further gesture of goodwill, prices for MWC 2021 will be the same as those for MWC 2019, said the GSMA. Major exhibitors already committed to returning to the show next year include NTT DOCOMO, Orange, Telefonica and Vodafone .

"The GSMA values the loyalty and support our members and partners in the mobile ecosystem worldwide," said GSMA CEO John Hoffman in a statement. "More than ever, our sincere thoughts remain with those affected around the world in these trying times."

MWC 2020 offers refunds, discounts following cancellation due to coronavirus .
NFL Network's Mike Giardi reports on QB Tom Brady's introductory press conference and discusses the quarterback's response to questions about his departure from his former team.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!