•   
  •   
  •   

Technology What Google's YouTube Has Said About Donald Trump's Channel Suspension

12:15  13 january  2021
12:15  13 january  2021 Source:   newsweek.com

President Trump stays mostly out of view after election but is working, taking steps to, in part, poke Biden

  President Trump stays mostly out of view after election but is working, taking steps to, in part, poke Biden Trump has been mostly out of view since Election Day but is working: He is purging staff and pursuing actions designed in part to irk Joe Biden.President Donald Trump has stayed mostly out of public view in the two weeks since his election loss to Democrat Joe Biden. On nine of the 14 days since the Nov. 3 election, his daily schedule has been summed up in a single sentence: “The president has no public events scheduled" – the longest he has been out of public view since taking office in January 2017.

image captionPresident Trump ' s YouTube channel remains live but he cannot post new videos. Google has not provided details of what Mr Trump said in the video it banned. he tweeted after the suspension . Google said that Mr Trump could still face his page being closed if he falls foul of its

A recent video on Trump ' s channel had incited violence, YouTube told CNN Business. That video has now been removed. YouTube declined to share details of the video that earned Trump the strike, but said that after the one-week timeout, it will revisit the decision.

YouTube has blocked Donald Trump from uploading new content to his official channel for at least a week.

Donald Trump wearing a suit and tie: US President Donald Trump boards Air Force One before departing Harlingen, Texas. © Mandal Ngan/Getty Images US President Donald Trump boards Air Force One before departing Harlingen, Texas.

The video-sharing platform, owned by Google, said the move comes in light of "concerns about the ongoing potential for violence."

The president has already been blocked from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snap after his supporters stormed Capitol Hill last week.

Five people including a police officer died after Trump addressed the crowds and continued to push his unfounded claims of election fraud at a "Stop the Steal" demonstration on Wednesday, which quickly turned into a violent siege on the Capitol.

President Trump's defeat may give Supreme Court a rest from personal, policy lawsuits

  President Trump's defeat may give Supreme Court a rest from personal, policy lawsuits Many cases tied to Trump's policies or personal entanglements are likely to become moot or, at least, undeserving of the Supreme Court's attention.Even in the autumn of his presidency, little has changed. The administration came before the justices the week after Election Day in hopes of dismantling the Affordable Care Act, perhaps the most celebrated achievement of his predecessor. Later this month, it will defend its plan to exclude noncitizens from the census count used to apportion seats in the House of Representatives.

President Donald Trump AP. More On YouTube announced Tuesday it is suspending President Trump ’ s channel for at least a week. The company also said it has issued one strike against Trump ’ s channel . A second strike would result in a two week suspension and a third strike means

YouTube has temporarily banned President Donald Trump ’ s channel from uploading new videos or livestreams after earlier content violated policies for inciting violence, the company said late on Tuesday. The channel cannot upload for a minimum of seven days – which may be extended

House Democrats have now introduced articles of impeachment against Trump, saying he "engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the Government of the United States." The House is expected to vote on impeachment on Wednesday.

Pressure to ban the president had been building on YouTube after Facebook and Twitter did the same following last week's violent riots in the nation's capital. Not only were social media users calling for the move, but Google's own workers' union—Alphabet Workers Union—sent an open letter to YouTube executives last Thursday, condemning them for what it termed a "lackluster" response in censoring the president's fraudulent election claims and rhetoric.

On Monday morning, the actor and comedian Sacha Baron Cohen also called for YouTube to remove the president. In a tweet that was widely commented on and shared, including by fellow progressive actor Mark Ruffalo, Baron Cohen wrote: "Virtually every social media company has removed Trump...EXCEPT YouTube. Trump's YouTube channel is STILL showing videos of his election lies to MILLIONS of people!"

Google Home's new feature is a procrastinator's dream. Here's how to use it

  Google Home's new feature is a procrastinator's dream. Here's how to use it Want the lights to go off in ten minutes? Now you can tell Google Home and it'll listen.Google Home can now perform an action in the future -- up to seven days from now, according to Google.

YouTube said it would be suspending U. S . President Donald Trump ’ s channel for at least a week amid concerns around “ongoing potential for violence,” making it the latest platform to limit the president’ s online activities.

04:30 GMT YouTube is Suspending President Donald Trump ' s Channel . We are committed to protecting your personal information and we have updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new EU regulation that went into effect on May 25

The civil rights coalition Stop Hate for Profit, which seeks to stop hate speech and misinformation on social media platforms, had demanded they remove Trump's verified pages due to his "indisputable pattern of behavior that preceded his calls to violence this week."

But on Tuesday, Trump hit out at the social media giants, telling reporters: "I think that Big Tech is doing a horrible thing for our country and to our country, and I believe it's going to be a catastrophic mistake for them. They're dividing and divisive."

Trump had earlier sent a series of tweets from the official @POTUS account in an attempt to circumvent his Twitter ban, accusing the company of stifling free speech. But Twitter soon deleted the posts, which were captured in screenshots.

"As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me — and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me," Trump wrote.

Google One: What it is, membership cost, how much storage you get and more

  Google One: What it is, membership cost, how much storage you get and more Here's everything you need to know about Google's subscription service that gives members more online cloud storage with added perks.Here's what you need to know about Google One.

Ivana Trump ' s children with Donald , Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric, have all been actively involved in their father' s bid for re-election. With the Associated Press reporting that presumed winner Joe Biden is assembling his transition team, time will tell if Trump ' s challenges have any merit.

Trump has vowed to dismantle and rebuild it. Trump faces challenges as the first president to take office without ever having held a political position or served in the military. He has stacked his Cabinet with established Washington figures and wealthy business leaders.

What has YouTube said about Donald Trump's ban

YouTube announced that Trump's channel, which has 2.77 million subscribers, would be blocked for at least seven days in a tweet late on Tuesday night.

While Trump's channel is still live, YouTube said it removed content on Tuesday that violated its policies for inciting violence. The clip in question showed Trump telling reporters that impeaching him for inciting violence would be "very dangerous," according to USA Today.

Meanwhile, many people are calling for Trump to be permanently suspended from YouTube, but users must get three "strikes" before that happens, according to its rules.

The platform wrote: "After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump's channel for violating our policies.

"It now has its 1st strike & is temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a *minimum* of 7 days."

YouTube also tweeted that "given the ongoing concerns about violence," it would disable comments indefinitely on Trump's channel.

YouTube told Newsweek that Trump will not be permanently banned unless he gets three strikes on YouTube. But it did add that the current seven-day ban can be extended.

If Trump receives a second strike in the next 90 days then he will receive a two-week suspension and if he gets a third, then he will be permanently removed.

The website said it makes no exception for public figures, adding that it has previously removed videos from Trump's channel for violating its policies.

In a statement, the platform said: "After careful review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to the Donald J. Trump channel and issued a strike for violating our policies for inciting violence.

"As a result, in accordance with our long-standing strikes system, the channel is now prevented from uploading new videos or livestreams for a minimum of seven days—which may be extended. We are also indefinitely disabling comments under videos on the channel, we've taken similar actions in the past for other cases involving safety concerns."

Related Articles

  • Devin Nunes Rails Against Trump Impeachment, Says 'All Presidents Make Mistakes'
  • 'Can't Stop Me': GOP Lawmakers Refuse to Pass Capitol Metal Detectors After Pro-Trump Riot
  • Donald Trump Officially Barred From All Largest Social Media Sites as YouTube Bans President

Start your unlimited Newsweek trial

Fact check: Video shows Trump family in tent before Jan. 6 rally .
A video of the Trump family in a tent was taken prior to the president's Jan. 6 speech, not during the Capitol riot, as claimed by social media posts.The viral video, taken by Donald Trump Jr., according to CNBC, has been posted to Facebook by the page Fire Trump 2020 alongside the claim that the Trump family was allegedly "enjoying" the assault on the Capitol while it took place.

usr: 0
This is interesting!