Technology How to turn off Find My iPhone
So, You Bought a 5G iPhone. Here's What You Can Actually Do With It.
Welcome to a whole new world.
Your iPhone has a convenient feature called the , which helps you track down your phone if it goes missing, and also in and out of the Apple ecosystem.
However, there are some situations where you should turn off Find My iPhone. The most common scenario is when you're selling, trading in or otherwise saying goodbye to your iPhone. Doing so removes the phone from the list of devices associated with your account and prevents new owners from being able to access information about you.
Best iPhone deals in June 2021
Looking for a good deal on a new iPhone? Here are the top promotions we can find.Whether it's time to upgrade from an older iPhone model, or you're ready to make the switch from Android -- shopping for a new iPhone can be tricky. There are plenty of deals to be found, but it's worth taking some time to find one that fits your needs.
Fortunately, Apple makes it easy to turn off Find My iPhone. The steps vary depending on the operating system you're using, but you only need a few steps to flip that switch.
How to turn off Find My iPhone (on iOS 13 or later)
1. Open up the Settings menu.
2. Select your name at the top of the menu. Then select the Find My option.
3. At the top of the next page, Tap Find My iPhone, and toggle the Find My iPhone setting off. You can also toggle off the Find My network, and the Send Last Location option (which automatically sends the location of your phone to Apple when the battery is critically low).
4. Enter your Apple ID password. and select Turn Off.
From iPhone OS 1 to iOS 15: A history of the system that powers your Apple smartphone
As Apple prepares to unveil iOS 15, we look back at how much our iPhones have changed since they first launched 14 years ago.Since its release, the iPhone has helped make smartphones the most important piece of technology in our lives, and created a new industry of app developers.
How to turn off Find My iPhone (on iOS 12 or earlier)
1. Go to the Settings menu.
2. At the top of the menu, tap on your name.
3. Navigate to the iCloud menu, and enter your password.
4. Choose Turn Off to disable Find my iPhone.
For more, check out , and .
Should I buy an iPhone 11 this year? A few things that might help you decide .
Figure out your priorities before committing to your next iPhone.Read more: Here's how the iPhone 11 compares to the iPhone 12, and how iPhone 13 rumors compare to iPhone 12.