•   
  •   
  •   

Sport Aaron Hernandez movie producer claims rival producer is threatening him over film rights

17:56  10 february  2018
17:56  10 february  2018 Source:   thecomeback.com

Moscow cinema ends showings of banned Stalin film

  Moscow cinema ends showings of banned Stalin film A Moscow movie theater that had been showing a satirical film about Soviet leader Josef Stalin in defiance of an official Russian government ban canceled further screenings Friday.The Pioner theater's announcement came several hours after Moscow police visited the theater. Police didn't declare the purpose of their visit, but it followed the Russian Culture Ministry's warning that the theater could face sanctions including fines.The Culture Ministry on Tuesday rescinded the permit allowing Scottish writer-director Armando Iannucci's "The Death of Stalin" to be shown in theaters.

The movie rights were acquired by The Mark Gordon Co., and Gordon — producer of films such as Saving Private Ryan, Speed, Murder on the Orient Express — claims he’s getting threats from another Hollywood producer . According to TMZ, Todd Guzze says that *he* owns the Aaron Hernandez film

A huge Hollywood movie producer claims he and his staff are getting gang threats over the Aaron He recently announced a movie based on Aaron Hernandez 's life called 'All-American Murder.' Gordon says another Hollywood producer , Todd Guzze, is pissed -- claiming HE owns the rights to

a man wearing a suit and tie: News: Aaron Hernandez Trial© Provided by Comeback Media News: Aaron Hernandez Trial

It was recently reported that a movie is in the works about former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, based on James Patterson’s book All-American Murder: The Rise and Fall of Aaron Hernandez, the Superstar Whose Life Ended on Murderer’s Row.

The movie rights were acquired by The Mark Gordon Co., and Gordon — producer of films such as Saving Private Ryan, Speed, Murder on the Orient Express — claims  he’s getting threats from another Hollywood producer.

According to TMZ, Todd Guzze says that *he* owns the Aaron Hernandez film rights, and has been threatening Gordon and employees at The Mark Gordon Co. in an attempt to stop their production of the movie.

‘Pong’ Game Show in the Works From Scott Sternberg, Atari (EXCLUSIVE)

  ‘Pong’ Game Show in the Works From Scott Sternberg, Atari (EXCLUSIVE) Atari has partnered with veteran unscripted producer Scott Sternberg to develop a game show based on the classic video game “Pong.” The show, “Million Dollar Pong,” will be produced by Scott Sternberg productions, with Jeff Mirkin serving as producer for Atari. “’Pong’ is a cultural touchpoint for generations of people,” said Sternberg. “It’s not often we get the chance to develop a game show concept around such an iconic brand. I can’t wait to give people the chance to see, experience and play a brand new ‘Pong.’”Sternberg’s game-show credits include “Catch 21,” “Rock and Roll Jeopardy,” “The Gong Show,” “Love Connection,” “Hollywood Squares,” and “Kid’s Wheel of Fortune.

Last month, producer Mark Gordon and his company acquired the feature film rights to the book All-American Murder: The Rise and Fall of Aaron Hernandez , the Superstar Whose Life Ended on Murderer's Row, which details Related: Aaron 's Fiancée Expresses Doubts Over His Suicide.

Two movie producers are fighting over the rights to the film and it's getting ugly. Well-known director Mark Gordon acquired the rights to make the film . He's being challenged by opposing This is a bad look for all of the parties involved. Aaron Hernandez Movie Producer Claims He's Getting

Gordon reportedly has asked the court for protection, after Guzze allegedly threatened physical harm and left a voicemail referencing two gangs, the Latin Kings and the Bloods. TMZ claims they obtained the court documents, which say that Gordon has asked the court to keep Guzze “at least 300 yards from his office and all of his employees.”

In court documents obtained by TMZ Sports, Gordon says Guzze left a voicemail referencing two huge street gangs, The Latin Kings and The Bloods — saying Aaron was a member of both gangs and noting that he was “keeping them at bay right now.”

Gordon says Guzze threatened physical harm by saying, “I don’t need to tell you how [the gangs] work … They’re right here in L.A.”

Gordon says the threats continued online. One message said, “Are you ready? I hope it’s worth it.”

From Kennedy's Killer to an Ivanka Romance: The Wildest Claims from Quincy Jones' New Interview

  From Kennedy's Killer to an Ivanka Romance: The Wildest Claims from Quincy Jones' New Interview Quincy Jones doesn’t mince words when it comes to some of the biggest stars who have entered his orbit over the years.  The 84-year-old record producer recently sat down with Vulture for a wide-ranging interview where he opened up about everything from working with Michael Jackson to dating Ivanka Trump.

A Hollywood movie producer who is overseeing the film project on Aaron Hernandez claims that he and his staff are receiving gang threats . They're right here in L.A." Guzze continued, "Are you ready? I hope it's worth it." Gordon told authorities that Guzze is threatening him and his staff with

Prolific movie producer Mark Gordon claims he is facing gang death threats thanks to the Aaron Hernandez biopic he is working on. Gordon says producer Todd Guzze left him a voicemail referencing the Latin Kings and the Bloods, two Los Angeles street gangs.

In the docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Gordon is asking the judge to keep Guzze at least 300 yards from his office and all of his employees.

It’s unclear from this whole story if Guzze even wants to make a Hernandez film, or if he’s simply trying to protect the Hernandez family. Guzze spoke to TMZ, and said he’s told Gordon that “no one is doing this story but the family and the original partners that were closely tied to Aaron and his estate.”

We reached out to Guzze, who tells TMZ Sports, “Mark Gordon has taken this too far. Aaron Hernandez is a very sensitive story and I’ve made him aware on multiple occasions that no one is doing this story but the family and the original partners that were closely tied to Aaron and his estate.”

He added, “There is more to come, concerning Aaron’s story, and by making this a public spectacle, I feel it’s just throwing gasoline on the fire.”

This is a bizarre story, and it will be interesting to see if anything new comes from the feud and movie production.

Michigan State to fire medical dean over Nassar scandal

  Michigan State to fire medical dean over Nassar scandal Michigan State University will fire the former dean of its osteopathic medicine college and has suspended the radiology chairman in the wake of former sports doctor Larry Nassar's sentencing for molesting young female athletes. The university said Friday it has taken the first step to revoke Dr. William Strampel's tenure and will not cover his legal expenses. Strampel has been sued by girls and women who were sexually assaulted by Nassar.Suresh Mukherji, chairman of the Department of Radiology and chief medical officer of the MSU HealthTeam, is suspended.

It was recently reported that a movie is in the works about former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez , based on James Patterson’s book All-American Murder: The Rise and Fall of Aaron Hernandez , the Superstar Whose Life Ended on Murderer’s Row. The movie rights were acquired by

The man behind the movie is Mark Gordon — who’s produced huge films like “Saving Private Ryan,” “The Patriot” and “Molly’s Game.” He recently an….

[TMZ]

The post Aaron Hernandez movie producer claims rival producer is threatening him over film rights appeared first on The Comeback.

Related slideshow: NFL teams that have never won the Super Bowl (Provided by FOX Sports)

NFL: Super Bowl LII-Philadelphia Eagles vs New England Patriots Which NFL Teams Have Never Won The Super Bowl

Film Academy stands 'in solidarity' with producer denied visa to Oscars due to travel ban .
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said it stands "in solidarity" with an Oscar-nominated producer who was denied a visa to travel to the awards show due to President Trump's travel ban.In a statement obtained by Variety, the group behind the Academy Awards stated its support for Kareem Abeed, a Syrian producer who worked on the movie "Last Men in Aleppo." He was denied a visa by the Trump administration this month."Director Feras Fayyad and producer Kareem Abeed made history with 'Last Men in Aleppo,' the first Documentary Feature Oscar nominee from a Syrian directing-producing team," the Academy's statement reads.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!