Sport: MLS cuts ties with rapper Sheck Wes after allegations of domestic assault - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

SportMLS cuts ties with rapper Sheck Wes after allegations of domestic assault

21:25  12 february  2019
21:25  12 february  2019 Source:   usatoday.com

'Extra' Host A.J. Calloway Suspended Amid Sexual Misconduct Investigation (Exclusive)

'Extra' Host A.J. Calloway Suspended Amid Sexual Misconduct Investigation (Exclusive) The move by Warner Bros. Television comes after multiple women have made allegations against the host and as THR has been preparing a new story with additional claims.

MLS cuts ties with rapper Sheck Wes after allegations of domestic assault© Provided by USA Today Sports Media Group LLC Sheck Wes performs at LiveXLive Post Grammy Party at The Peppermint Club on Feb. 10, 2019. Major League Soccer issued a statement on Tuesday morning that it was removing the rapper Sheck Wes from marketing materials promoting the upcoming 2019 season after the musician was accused of domestic assault.

Sheck Wes' former girlfriend, Justine Skye, wrote a tweet Monday night addressed to Sheck Wes, which said "you beat women" and "you hit your girl before me and you'll do it again."

Skye also accused Sheck Wes of stalking her and her friends and said acquaintances of his attacked her and friends she was with.

How Late Rapper XXXTentacion Chose His Newborn Son's Name

How Late Rapper XXXTentacion Chose His Newborn Son's Name XXXTentacion's girlfriend gave birth to the late rapper's son on Saturday evening. "Gekyume’s name is derived from a word X created prior to his passing, which means 'a different state' or 'next' universe of thought," they said. "XXXTentacion specifically chose this name for his first-born son; his family is honored to fulfill his wish and shower baby Gekyume with love." XXXTentacion, whose real name is Jahseh Onfroy, was fatally shot last June in what authorities have called an attempted robbery. Four people have been arrested in connection with the shooting and all have pleaded not guilty.

SPORTS, DELIVERED: Get latest news right in your inbox!

Sheck Wes denied the allegations via Twitter early Tuesday morning.

"I’ve chosen to remain silent until now out of respect for actual victims of abuse," Sheck Wes wrote. "But I cannot stand by while lies are repeatedly told about me. I never hit or beat any women and I did not beat up or jump anybody."

MLS was scheduled to go live with promotional materials for the upcoming season on Tuesday morning that featured Sheck Wes. The "Our Soccer" campaign was launched, though the video featuring Sheck Wes was not released on the MLS YouTube page. Other videos featuring Prince Royce and producer/DJ TOKiMONSTA were released.

In an emailed statement issued Tuesday morning, the league wrote: “In light of the recent news regarding Sheck Wes, he is no longer part of the campaign.”

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: MLS cuts ties with rapper Sheck Wes after allegations of domestic assault

Fairfax accuser not planning to pursue charges, source says; statute of limitations expires soon.
The woman accusing Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of sexual assault is not planning on pursuing charges, a source close to her legal team told Fox News. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.getMedianetNativeAds(true); }); Dr. Vanessa C. Tyson, a professor at Scripps College in California, released a statement earlier this week outlining in graphic detail the alleged encounter, which she says happened in July 2004 during the Democratic National Convention in Boston. VIRGINIA LT. GOV.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!