Sport: David Ortiz doing ‘fine’ as he continues recovering from shooting, spokesman says - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

SportDavid Ortiz doing ‘fine’ as he continues recovering from shooting, spokesman says

18:40  12 june  2019
18:40  12 june  2019 Source:   bostonglobe.com

2nd arrest made in shooting of David Ortiz

2nd arrest made in shooting of David Ortiz A second person has been arrested in the investigation into the shooting of former Red Sox star David Ortiz, according to ABC News. The person is not suspected to be the person who shot Ortiz, and police are searching for a third person, ABC reported. Ortiz was shot Sunday in the Dominican Republic and is now recovering from exploratory surgery in Boston, where he was flown Monday night. Another suspect connected to the shooting faces multiple charges in the Dominican Republic, including attempted homicide. Eddy Feliz Garcia, 25, is accused of being the driver of the motorcycle on which the shooter arrived.

David Ortiz Shooting Doesn't Look Like an Attempted Robbery. It’s far too early to draw definitive A spokesman for Ortiz said he was in stable condition in intensive care on Monday after doctors General, where he ’ll stay for the next several days as he recovers from the gunshot wound he

Ortiz 's wife, Tiffany, said in a statement that he was "stable, awake and resting comfortably" at Massachusetts General Hospital and was expected to remain there for several CBS Boston reported that Ortiz took his first steps since the shooting Tuesday and remained in the Intensive Care Unit.

David Ortiz doing ‘fine’ as he continues recovering from shooting, spokesman says© AP

Retired Red Sox legend David Ortiz is doing “fine” as he continues recovering at Mass. General from a shooting last Sunday in his native Santo Domingo, a spokesman said Wednesday morning by phone.

“Everything is fine, he’s fine,” said spokesman Leo Lopez in Spanish. “The process is taking time, but everything’s fine. He’s fine.”

Meanwhile, authorities in the Dominican Republic are expected to brief the media later Wednesday on the status of the high-profile investigation, which so far has led to the arrest of at least two suspects.

Video by Sports Illustrated

9 Suspects In Ortiz Shooting Could Spend Next Year In Prison

9 Suspects In Ortiz Shooting Could Spend Next Year In Prison Nine suspects indicted Friday night could spend up to a year in prison while the investigation into David Ortiz's shooting continues.

David Ortiz recovering from more surgery in Boston hospital after shooting . Former Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is recovering in Boston from a two-hour exploratory surgery after he was shot at a bar in Ortiz is expected to stay in intensive care for at least 48 hours, his spokesman Leo López told The Associated The gunman has not been arrested, and police said they do not yet have a motive.

Jhoel López, the TV host wounded in David Ortiz shooting , says he ’s ‘ recovering ’. The Dominican actor and producer was hit by the same bullet that struck Ortiz , according to Blanco told the Santo Domingo-based outlet that her husband did not need surgery and could be released sometime Monday.

On Tuesday, Attorney General Jean Alain Rodríguez’s office said in a statement released in Spanish that “other persons” who participated in the crime have been identified, and more details will be released in a “timely manner” once “the capture and interrogations” have been completed.

Lopez spoke to the Globe Wednesday after a suspect, whom authorities haven’t publicly named, was taken into custody Tuesday night.

News of the second arrest emerged as Eddy Vladimir Féliz Garcia, accused of driving the gunman on a motorcycle to the Dial Bar and Lounge, was charged at an initial court appearance Tuesday night. He faces a charge of being an accomplice to attempted murder.

Garcia’s lawyer asserted his client was merely a motorcycle taxi driver who had no idea he was driving the gunman.

Doctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting

Doctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting David Ortiz's condition has been upgraded to ‘good’ by his doctors, his wife Tiffany said in a statement as he recovers in a Massachusetts hospital.

Boston Red Sox legend David Ortiz is recovering from surgery after being shot in the back in his Felix Duran Mejia, a spokesman for the national police, confirmed to CNN that Ortiz was shot in "They called me to tell me that David is injured and that they took him to a medical center, but they

Surveillance video shows David Ortiz being shot inside a bar in the Dominican Republic. CBS News. Family and friends of former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz wait in the clinic where he and Dominican television presenter Joel Lopez were being treated after being shot while in a bar in

Ortiz was shot once at close range in the back as he sat with friends at the Dial, a popular night spot. The shooter was driven to the scene by Garcia, officials said, and when the getaway motorcycle crashed a short distance from the bar, the gunman escaped on foot. Garcia was pummeled by an angry mob of onlookers.

Earlier Tuesday, Tiffany Ortiz, Ortiz’s wife of 17 years, said in a statement released by the Red Sox that her husband had a “successful second surgery’’ the night before at Mass. General and was “stable, awake, and resting comfortably this morning in the ICU where he is expected to remain for the next several days.”

Lopez said Tuesday night that Ortiz, 43, had marked a milestone in his recovery earlier in the day, taking his first steps at Mass. General. Lopez, a close family friend, also said Ortiz remains in some pain.

Travis Andersen can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @TAGlobe. Aimee Ortiz can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @aimee_ortiz.

Related slideshow: The 2019 MLB season (Provided by imagn)

David Ortiz doing ‘fine’ as he continues recovering from shooting, spokesman says

Accused Big Papi gunman says shooting was a case of mistaken identity, real target wore a similar-colored outfit as David Ortiz.
The accused would-be assassin of David Ortiz offered a novel defense for shooting the baseball superstar: Mistaken identity. In a video made by shooing suspect Rolfy Ferreyra Cruz from his Dominican Republic jail cell, the defendant claimed he was looking for a target wearing similarly-colored clothes when he fired once into the ex-Red Sox star’s back last Sunday night. “It’s not David ... I was confused,” the alleged gunman declares in the clip released Friday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!