•   
  •   
  •   

SportDR officials identify man believed to have paid Ortiz hitmen

06:15  18 june  2019
06:15  18 june  2019 Source:   ap.org

Report: Police believe drug lord ordered hit on David Ortiz over suspected affair

Report: Police believe drug lord ordered hit on David Ortiz over suspected affair Police in the Dominican Republic are reportedly looking into the possibility that the man who shot David Ortiz on Sunday night was hired to kill the former MLB star. Three law enforcement sources told the Daily Mail that investigators believe two police officers were hired by a drug lord to kill Ortiz because the drug lord believed Ortiz was having an affair with his wife. Police in Ortiz’s hometown of Santo Domingo would neither confirm nor deny the suspected motive. “So far the case is under investigation.

Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man they believe paid hit men to try and kill David Ortiz .

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic — Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man they believe paid hit men to try and kill David Ortiz , adding that they were closing Officials have not said whether the picture was of Ortiz . The documents also state that Pérez sold a gold-colored iPhone 6

DR officials identify man believed to have paid Ortiz hitmen
DR officials identify man believed to have paid Ortiz hitmen
DR officials identify man believed to have paid Ortiz hitmen
DR officials identify man believed to have paid Ortiz hitmen

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man they believe paid hit men to try and kill David Ortiz, adding that they were closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting of the famous slugger who is recovering at a hospital in Boston.

Pedro Martinez breaks down in tears while talking about David Ortiz shooting

Pedro Martinez breaks down in tears while talking about David Ortiz shooting Pedro Martinez broke down in tears Monday night while talking about the shooting of his friend and former Boston Red Sox teammate, David Ortiz. "I don't have enough words to describe who David is, what David means to baseball," Martinez said on air. "But I'm so disappointed to know that someone like David, who saved so many lives, can have someone after his life. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry. But it hurts me. It hurts me." Ortiz, 43, was shot in the back at close range while he was at a bar in his native Dominican Republic on Sunday night.

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man they believe paid hit men to try and kill David Ortiz , adding that they were closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting of the famous slugger who is recovering at a hospital in

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic—Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man they believe paid hitmen to try and kill David Ortiz , adding that they were closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting of the famous slugger who is recovering at a hospital in Boston.

The man was identified as Alberto Miguel Rodríguez Mota, whom authorities say is a fugitive. The announcement was made as a judge held a hearing closed to the public for another suspect nicknamed "Bone." Officials did not release details, but according to court documents obtained by The Associated Press, the man, whose real name is Gabriel Alexánder Pérez Vizcaíno, is accused of being the liaison between the alleged hit men and the person who paid them.

The documents state that a man who is in prison for an unrelated case reached out to Pérez for the alleged job a week before the June 9 shooting at a bar in Santo Domingo and sent him a picture of the target so he could share it with the hit men.

Pérez allegedly shared the picture with the other suspects as they gathered at a nearby gas station just minutes before the shooting. Officials have not said whether the picture was of Ortiz.

Leader of attack on David Ortiz was paid about $7,800, police say

Leader of attack on David Ortiz was paid about $7,800, police say The coordinator of the attack on former Red Sox superstar David Ortiz was offered 400,000 Dominican pesos to orchestrate the attack, according to Maj. Gen. Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte, national police director. That's equivalent to about $7,800. Bautista and Chief Prosecutor Jean Alain Rodríguez spoke to reporters Wednesday but declined to give a motive for the shooting at a popular Santo Domingo bar Sunday night or say who had hired the attackers. An alleged gunman and five accomplices have been detained in connection with the shooting, they said. © Provided by Hearst Television, Inc.

Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man they believe paid hit men to try and kill David Ortiz , adding that they were closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting of the famous slugger who is recovering Ortiz was injured in a shooting earlier this week in the Dominican Republic.

Officials did not release details, but according to court documents obtained by The Associated Press, the man , whose real name is Gabriel Alexánder Officials have not said whether the picture was of Ortiz . The documents also state that Pérez sold a gold-colored iPhone 6 used to plan the attack to a

The documents also state that Pérez sold a gold-colored iPhone 6 used to plan the attack to a woman for $180 so he could get rid of the evidence a day after the shooting. Authorities claimed the phone was giving him problems and that's why he sold it.

"He did this upon finding out that police were looking for him," the document states.

An attorney for Pérez did not comment upon leaving the courtroom after the hearing as police whisked away the suspect, who was wearing a red T-shirt, a flak jacket and a helmet. He did not speak to reporters.

The 24-year-old suspect is one of 10 that authorities have detained, and they are looking for at least two others mentioned in the court documents, including the man accused of paying the alleged hit men.

Ortiz's attorney, José Martínez Hoepelman, said he was satisfied with how the investigation was going.

"Trust the authorities," he said. "They have worked tirelessly to obtain the results that we have so far. We all want more information, but we have to wait."

Doctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting

Doctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting David Ortiz's condition has been upgraded to ‘good’ by his doctors, his wife Tiffany said in a statement as he recovers in a Massachusetts hospital.

Police identify the men as, top row from (L), Rolfy Ferreyra, who has been identified as the shooter, Joel Rodriguez Cruz, Oliver Moises Mirabal SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic—Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man they believe paid hitmen to try and kill David Ortiz , adding

The man was identified as Alberto Miguel Rodríguez Mota, whom authorities say is a fugitive. The announcement was made as a judge held a hearing closed to the public for another suspect nicknamed “Bone.” Officials have not said whether the picture was of Ortiz .

Police have said the coordinator of the attack was offered 400,000 Dominican pesos, or about $7,800, to orchestrate the shooting of Ortiz, known as Big Papi.

He led the Red Sox to three World Series championships, was a 10-time All-Star and hit 541 home runs.

Ortiz lives in Boston but visits the Dominican Republic several times a year.

Doctors removed his gallbladder and part of his intestines before he was flown to Boston, where he remains in intensive care at Massachusetts General Hospital.

___

Associated Press writer Martín José Adames Alcántara contributed to this report.

DR officials identify man believed to have paid Ortiz hitmen© Provided by The Associated Press This combination of photos provided by the Dominican Republic National Police on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 show suspects in connection with the shooting of former Red Sox star David Ortiz in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Police identify the men as, top row from left, Rolfy Ferreyra, who has been identified as the shooter, Joel Rodriguez Cruz, Oliver Moises Mirabal Acosta, and Eddy Vladimir Feliz Garcia. Bottom row from left, Polfirio Allende Dechamps Vazquez, Luis Alfredo Rivas Clase and Reynaldo Rodriguez Valenzuela. All the men with the exception of Rivas Clase have been detained. (Dominican Republic National Police via AP)
Read More

David Ortiz shooting suspect charged with drug possession.
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) The man authorities say shot former baseball star David Ortiz was charged Thursday with drug and firearm possession in New Jersey. Rolfi Ferreira-Cruz was indicted on cocaine and heroin possession charges and also a charge of conspiracy to distribute drugs, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Newark announced. Ferreira-Cruz, 25, who was arrested last week, is among at least 11 people that have been arrested in the shooting so far. Thursday's charges are unrelated to the shooting. Dominican authorities list his name as Rolfy Ferreyra. They say he has confessed to the shooting.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!