Sport: Doctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

SportDoctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting

20:05  18 june  2019
20:05  18 june  2019 Source:   usatoday.com

Report: Police believe drug lord ordered hit on David Ortiz over suspected affair

Report: Police believe drug lord ordered hit on David Ortiz over suspected affair Police in the Dominican Republic are reportedly looking into the possibility that the man who shot David Ortiz on Sunday night was hired to kill the former MLB star. Three law enforcement sources told the Daily Mail that investigators believe two police officers were hired by a drug lord to kill Ortiz because the drug lord believed Ortiz was having an affair with his wife. Police in Ortiz’s hometown of Santo Domingo would neither confirm nor deny the suspected motive. “So far the case is under investigation.

David Ortiz was flown to Boston for treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital – with assistance from the Red Sox. Leo Lopez, Ortiz ' s assistant, told USA TODAY Sports that doctors examined Ortiz early Monday afternoon to determine whether his condition was sufficiently stable to travel.

Jose Abel Gonzalez, one of the doctors who operated on David Ortiz after the shooting , speaks to the media at the Center for Advanced Medicine on Monday. But I can’t say he was in good condition ,” said Jose Smester, the first surgeon to attend to Ortiz after the star ballplayer was

Doctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting© Provided by USA Today Sports Media Group LLC David Ortiz's condition has been upgraded to "good" by his doctors, his wife Tiffany said in a statement issued through the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday as he continues to recover in a Massachusetts hospital.

“We remain grateful to everyone who has helped David through this ordeal, both in the Dominican Republic and here in Boston. David’s journey to good health has been bolstered by the many expressions of love that have come to us from across the globe. Your support has lifted his spirits tremendously during this challenging time.”

On Monday morning, Dominican Republic authorities identified the man they believe paid hitmen to shoot David Ortiz, adding that they were closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting.

Doctors expect David Ortiz to make a full recovery

Doctors expect David Ortiz to make a full recovery David Ortiz arrived in Boston from the Dominican Republic on Monday night and was examined extensively by doctors, and the former Red Sox star and his family were given good news. Ortiz’s spokesperson Leo Lopez told ESPN’s Marly Rivera on Tuesday that Big Papi underwent “exploratory surgery” at Mass General, and doctors declared him to be in stable condition. They also expect the 43-year-old to make a full recovery.

Ortiz is in stable condition and was being transferred to Boston to receive treatment.

Shortly after the shooting , Ortiz was rushed to a local hospital and treated for bleeding in his liver and had portions of his intestines and gallbladder removed, said " David will continue to recover in the ICU and future updates on his condition will be provided when necessary." In addition to the doctors who

Ortiz, a retired Red Sox legend, was shot at a bar in Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, on June 9 after two suspects approached him on a motorcycle, according to the Dominican National Police. He underwent surgery at a local hospital and then was transported to a Boston hospital last week and underwent a successful second surgery.

HOMELAND: Ortiz's special relationship with native D.R.

BIG PAPI: MLB impact a true love affair

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Doctors upgrade David Ortiz's condition to 'good' after shooting

David Ortiz shooting suspect charged with drug possession.
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) The man authorities say shot former baseball star David Ortiz was charged Thursday with drug and firearm possession in New Jersey. Rolfi Ferreira-Cruz was indicted on cocaine and heroin possession charges and also a charge of conspiracy to distribute drugs, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Newark announced. Ferreira-Cruz, 25, who was arrested last week, is among at least 11 people that have been arrested in the shooting so far. Thursday's charges are unrelated to the shooting. Dominican authorities list his name as Rolfy Ferreyra. They say he has confessed to the shooting.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!