Sport: Former Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus acquitted on multiple counts of sexual assault - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

SportFormer Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus acquitted on multiple counts of sexual assault

05:05  03 august  2019
05:05  03 august  2019 Source:   sports.yahoo.com

Additional Victims Sought After Arrest of Sex Assault Suspect Who Met Women at Nightclubs

Additional Victims Sought After Arrest of Sex Assault Suspect Who Met Women at Nightclubs Police are seeking possible additional victims of a 22-year-old man who visited nightclubs in West Hollywood and Hollywood to meet young women who were then allegedly sexually assaulted by the suspect. 

Wisconsin Wide Receiver Quintez Cephus Charged With Sexual Assault , Suspended From Team. The Wisconsin wide receiver was charged with two felony counts of sexual assault . Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez says Cephus is suspended from competition and practice pending the

Wisconsin receiver Quintez Cephus is facing two sexual assault charges stemming from an alleged incident in April.

Former Wisconsin wide receiver Quintez Cephus was found not guilty on multiple sexual assault charges on Friday afternoon in Madison, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

Former Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus acquitted on multiple counts of sexual assault© Provided by Oath Inc. Former Wisconsin receiver Quintez Cephus was found not guilty after two women accused him of sexual assault last year. (AP/Bradley Leeb)

Cephus was charged with two counts of sexual assault last August after two women said he had sex with them at his apartment without their consent in April. Both women said they were too intoxicated to consent, though Cephus claimed the sex was consensual.

He was suspended from the team shortly after the allegations, and was expelled from the school earlier this year for violating its non-academic misconduct code, per the report. The 21-year-old had recorded 595 yards and six touchdowns on 34 receptions over two seasons with Wisconsin, and was projected to be one of the Badgers’ top targets last year.

Deputies release sketch of suspect in sexual assault case

Deputies release sketch of suspect in sexual assault case Anderson County deputies have released a sketch of a suspect in a sexual assault case. Deputies said the assault happened on June 8 in the Pelzer community. They said the suspect is a white male, in his early 30’s, with a fair skin tone, approximately 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. If you have any information regarding this incident or can identify the suspect, please call the sheriff's office at 864-260-4400, referencing ACSO case number 2019-10300. READ MORE:Deputies release sketch of suspect in sexual assault case CHECK OUT WYFF:Get the latest Greenville news and weather. For live, local, late-breaking Greenville, SC, news coverage, WYFF is the place to be.

Cephus was charged with two counts of sexual assault last month. On Tuesday, according to the Wisconsin State Journal, a motion to dismiss one of the charges — second-degree sexual assault of an intoxicated victim — was denied by Dane County Judge Jill J. Karofsky, who ordered Cephus to

Cephus was arrested and charged with multiple counts of sexual assault back in August after he allegedly assaulted two different women. In addition to still facing sexual assault charges, Cephus no longer is enrolled in school. Can’t play ball if you’re not a student.

The jury deliberated for less than 45 minutes, clearing him on the second- and first-degree charges.

“I'm happy,” Cephus said, via the Wisconsin State Journal. “I've had a lot of people here supporting me and my family. I've learned a lot through this situation. And I know this sounds crazy, but I think you grow through what you go through, and I've been able to grow a lot.”

Cephus testified in his own defense on Friday, too, and said that the two women didn’t appear intoxicated when they left a bar to head back to his apartment with his roommate and teammate, Danny Davis.

From the Wisconsin State Journal:

Cephus testified that when they arrived at the apartment, one of the women went to his bedroom, beckoned him in, and then started removing her clothing, and that the other woman followed Cephus into the bedroom. Cephus said he had sex with both women, and that both had asked for him to do specific things during sex.

R. Kelly pleads not guilty to federal charges in New York

R. Kelly pleads not guilty to federal charges in New York R. Kelly appeared in federal court in Brooklyn on Friday and pleaded not guilty to a slew of charges, including racketeering, kidnapping, forced labor and sexual exploitation of a child. The judge also ordered that the singer remain in custody until his trial. Kelly was charged last month in the Eastern District of New York. The indictment also accused him of violating the Mann Act by coercing and transporting women and girls across state lines to engage in illegal sexual activity as far back as 1999. [Original story, published at 10:18 a.m. ET] R.

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin receiver Quintez Cephus pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges alleging that he sexually assaulted two drunken women in his apartment earlier this year.

Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus faces two sexual assault charges and has been suspended under the school's Student-Athlete Discipline Policy. MADISON — Wisconsin wide receiver Quintez Cephus faces two charges of sexual assault and is scheduled to make his initial court appearance

According to the Associated Press, Cephus brought Davis into the bedroom after the women had entered because having sex with two women was “something I’d never done before.” The 21-year-old then asked Davis to take a picture of the women, which he later said was “really dumb.”

The two women testified again this week that they were too intoxicated at the time to consent, and one described her memories of the night as “snapshots,” per the report. Cephus, who did not drink that night, said he had met the women just hours before.

“Obviously, we're delighted with the result," Cephus’ attorney, Stephen Meyer, said, via the Wisconsin State Journal. "The jury confirmed what (we) had always insisted from the start, that he was an innocent person. We appreciate the hard work by the jury and the thoughtfulness they showed."

More from Yahoo Sports:

  • Ex-USMNT player criticizes USWNT equal pay fight

    Lynwood Man Charged In Connection With String Of Santa Monica Rapes, Robberies

    Lynwood Man Charged In Connection With String Of Santa Monica Rapes, Robberies Fernando Venancio Jr., 27, of Lynwood was arrested Monday night and is being held without bail. Venancio has been charged with several counts of rape and robbery. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.getMedianetNativeAds(true); }); Venancio was arrested Monday after a struggle was heard during a 911 call originating in the 800 block of 18th Street.

    — Wisconsin receiver Quintez Cephus pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges alleging that he sexually assaulted two drunken women in his apartment earlier this year. Cephus entered the plea to charges of second- and third-degree sexual assault during a hearing in Madison on Thursday.

    MADISON -- The trial for former Wisconsin Badgers wide receiver Quintez Cephus has been pushed back. Cephus in October of 2018 pleaded not guilty to charges alleging that he sexually assaulted two drunken Cephus entered the plea to charges of second- and third-degree sexual assault .

  • Golfer arrested for alleged assault of sleeping female plane passenger

  • NFL apparently wants to drug test player who signed 1-day deal

  • WWE legend Harley Race dies at 76

Thorbjorn Olesen suspended by European Tour amid sexual assault investigation.
In a statement on Tuesday, the European Tour announced Thorbjorn Olesen is suspended until the outcome of his trial. "As it remains a pending case, we currently have no further comments," the tour said in a statement. Olesen is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 21 on charges of sexual assault, being drunk on an aircraft and common assault, according to Metropolitan Police in London. According to the Independent and the Sun, Olesen—a five-time European Tour winner and member of the 2018 Ryder Cup team—allegedly molested a woman who was asleep on a ride from Memphis to London.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 2
This is interesting!