Sport NFL Playoff Projection: Raiders have a clear path to the playoffs
Lions rally falls painfully short in 31-24 loss to Raiders
Detroit Lions came up short on fourth down against the Oakland Raiders, losing 31-24 to fall below .500After Hunter Renfrow's touchdown catch with 2:04 to play gave the Oakland Raiders a 31-24 lead, Matthew Stafford and the offense's comeback attempt came up empty inside the 2-yard line on fourth down, and the Lions fell under .500 again at 3-4-1.
The NFC and AFC playoff races couldn’t be more different.
In the NFC, quality teams will be left out. NFC teams who can reasonably called Super Bowl contenders won’t make the playoffs. In this week’s playoff projection, we couldn’t find a spot for the Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Rams or Carolina Panthers. Any one of those teams would be an easy pick for a wild-card spot in the AFC.
But the NFL isn’t changing the rules before the end of the season. Six AFC teams will be allowed into the postseason. And in this week’s playoff projection, we have a fun entry as the No. 6 seed:
College Football Playoff projection: Alabama's chances still high after LSU loss
College Football Playoff projection: Alabama's chances still high after LSU lossAlthough it did take a sizable hit, Alabama still has a 40 percent chance to make the playoff but only a nine percent chance to win it all, according to ESPN’s Playoff Predictor. Those numbers plunged from last week, when the team had a 72 and 22 percent chance, respectively, but the Crimson Tide are still No. 4 on this list.
Hey, remember? You don’t hear them much anymore.
Last week’s win over the Los Angeles Chargers put the Raiders in a good spot. Everyone has talked about that brutal stretch to their schedule in the first half of the season, when they went without a game in Oakland for two months. Nobody talked much about how the Raiders’ schedule got a lot easier in the second half of the season.
Here are the Raiders’ final seven games:
Week 11: vs. Bengals
Week 12: at Jets
Week 13: at Chiefs
Week 14: vs. Titans
Week 15: vs. Jaguars
Week 16: at Chargers
Week 17: at Broncos
Aside from the game in Kansas City, every one of the other six games for the Raiders is winnable (and even the game in Kansas City isn’t impossible given the Chiefs’ issues on defense). Let’s give the Raiders a 4-3 finish, which seems a little conservative. That would put them at 9-7 and that should be good enough in a soft AFC.
Facebook says government requests for user data have reached all-time high
Facebook said it doesn't provide governments with "back doors" for data. Those requests rose 16% during the first half of 2019 to 128,617, Chris Sonderby, the vice president and deputy general counsel for Facebook, wrote in a blog post on Wednesday.
Some other observations from the:
• The Vikings’ win over the Cowboys has huge implications. The Cowboys’ schedule is brutal. They have to go to Philadelphia for the rematch against the Eagles. Dallas has now lost to the Vikings and Packers (and therefore lost the tiebreaker), and one of those NFC North teams will likely get a wild-card spot. Dallas is a good team but it is in some trouble.
• Dallas might not have had the most damaging loss of Week 10. The Colts’ loss to the Dolphins will haunt them. Now they practically have to beat the Texans in Houston later this season. Not good.
• If the Raiders falter with that easy schedule, the Steelers have kept themselves in the playoff conversation. Pittsburgh’s win over the Rams was a big result for both teams. The Steelers are still in the race, and the Rams continue to fade.
• Back to Minnesota. Winning at Dallas keeps a lot of pressure on the Packers. If the Vikings can win at Seattle, they have a realistic shot of winning out. The Packers-Vikings game on Dec. 23 could be the de facto NFC North championship game, and it’s in Minnesota.
Miranda Lambert gets candid about her public divorce and secret wedding, plus more news
Miranda Lambert on what really stung about her split from Blake Shelton. Plus, more celebrity news for Nov. 13, 2019.
• Even with Seattle’s win at San Francisco, the 49ers still get the slight nod as the projected NFC West champ. The Seahawks’ schedule is really tough the rest of the way. But getting a Week 17 game against the 49ers in Seattle — let’s just flex that game to prime time right now — could be an equalizer.
– – – – – – –
is a writer for Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at or follow him on Twitter!
More from Yahoo Sports:
After missing out against Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts' backs are against the wall .
Losses to the Miami Dolphins, Los Angeles Chargers and Pittsburgh Steelers magnify Thursday night's loss to the Houston Texans.HOUSTON — Frustrated and disappointed, a golden opportunity lost, the Colts find themselves in a familiar place.
2018 Nfl Playoffs Predictions Road to Winning Super Bowl 52 Full Bracket - Huskyey
My Picks for the Nfl 2018 Playoffs Predictions. You don't have to have the best record to make it to the super bowl. #Nfl Predictions #Nfl2018 #Huskyey ...
2009 NFC Wild Card: Packers vs. Cardinals | "Most Points Scored in Playoff History" | NFL Full Game
The NFL presents the 2009 NFC Wild Card Playoffs between the Green Bay Packers & Arizona Cardinals! 0:47 Rodgers Picked Off by Rodgers-Cromartie 7:15 ...