College Football Playoff picture: 4 in, 2 out, 5 to watch
Sporting News takes a look at the College Football Playoff picture heading into Week 12 of the season.There's plenty of time to flesh out the final top 25, but there will definitely be movement in the Week 12 CFP rankings after No. 2 LSU beat No. 3 Alabama 46-41 and No. 4 Penn State fell to No. 17 Minnesota 31-26 on Saturday in a pair of 8-0 showdowns. There are three weeks left in the regular season, and 11 Power 5 teams remaining with one loss or fewer.
Standings . Playoff Picture . DIVISION. CONFERENCE .
The NFL season doesn't truly begin until after Halloween, so now it's time to find out which teams have what it takes to make real noise in the playoff He signed with the team on Friday and formally joined the team on Tuesday after his NFL -imposed suspension ended, leaving some question whether he’d
Week 11 in the NFL is done and with six weeks left in the 2019 regular season, the league-wide standings take on a lot more meaning in terms of which teams will end up making the playoffs in the AFC and NFC.
It's time again to check in on where every team stands to know where they all might finish later, from top playoff seeds to postseason also-rans who have top draft picks in mind.
Here's an updated look at what each conference field would look like if the playoffs started after Week 11.
NFL MVP stock watch: Russell Wilson can match Lamar Jackson; Deshaun Watson awaits his turn
Here are the latest NFL MVP odds and trends as Week 10 of the 2019 season closes.The Seahawks quarterback who entered Week 10 leading the NFL in touchdown passes (22) and passer rating (118.2) will play in the national spotlight against the 49ers on Monday night. If he wants to remain the favorite to win the NFL MVP award, though, he needs an epic performance considering what Lamar Jackson just did against the Bengals.
Take a look at the updated NFL playoff standings after Week 11 . We break down the NFL playoff picture in the AFC and NFC heading into Getty The Ravens gained ground on the postseason, while the Texans dropped in the standings . The NFL playoff picture continues to be volatile after a few
Week 11 NFL playoff picture : Patriots, Ravens running away with AFC . As we get closer to clinching season here at Playoff Picture headquarters, we'll start to sprinkle in projections from ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI), a metric that uses remaining strength of schedule and matchup analysis
NFL POWER RANKINGS:
NFL standings after Week 11
AFC playoff picture
Who would be in?
1. Patriots, first place, AFC East (9-1) — The Patriots returned to beat the Eagles coming off a bye and their first loss of the season to the Ravens and maintained their only one-game edge for home-field advantage, down a head-to-head tiebreaker. They have one more tough NFC game against the Cowboys before two more critical AFC tests against the Texans and Chiefs.
2. Ravens, first place, AFC North (8-2) — The Ravens got their big win against the Patriots and backed that up by routing the Bengals and Texans. The Ravens have the key tiebreakers in place for the top seed, given the Chiefs, to whom they lost, are solidly behind them.
LaMelo Ball is confident he’ll be No. 1 pick in 2020 NBA Draft
The 2020 NBA Draft is still eight months away, but LaMelo Ball thinks the debate for who the No. 1 pick should be is already settled.On Saturday, Ball scored a season-high 24 points on 9-21 shooting from the field, including 5-11 shooting from 3-point range, to lead the Hawks to their second win of the season. He also contributed nine assists, seven rebounds, and three assists. It took longer than the struggling Hawks would have liked, but Ball finally had his breakout game.
Here's how the NFL playoff picture looks heading into Monday night of Week 11 : AFC East leader. After surviving the Eagles in Sunday's Super Bowl LII NFC West leader. They've struggled the past three weeks , sandwiching a pair of escape act victories to the lowly Cardinals around their overtime
Schedule and Standings for the NFL Playoffs . What would the NFL Playoffs look like if the season ended today? AFC . NFC . What we learned. Updated : Nov. Playoff picture breakdown as of Week 11 . Game Theory: Every team's playoff chances.
3. Chiefs, first place, AFC West (7-4) — The Chiefs get up here before their bye thanks to beating the Chargers, now holding a half-game lead over the Raiders for the division lead and a half-game lead over the Colts for the third seed.
4. Colts, first place, AFC South (6-4) — The Colts jumped back up here after beating the Jaguars. They hold the division lead over the Texans again because they beat them. They also beat the Chiefs, so they hold the tiebreaker there.
5. Bills, second place, AFC East (7-3) — The Bills are now returning closer to a tight wild-card hopeful pack, and that loss to the Browns can prove costly, even with a favorable schedule ahead. But taking care of the Dolphins as expected was helpful.
6. Texans, second place, AFC South (6-4) — The Texans fell here after falling hard to the Ravens on Sunday. They stay here coming out of Week 11 because they beat the Raiders.
Who can get there?
7. Raiders (6-4), 8. Steelers (5-5), 9. Titans (5-5), 10. Browns (4-6), 11. Jaguars (4-6), 12. Chargers (4-7)
Colts bash NFL for controversial non-review of apparent Deshaun Watson fumble
"That was a fumble. I had it," Indy's Darius Leonard told reporters.In the final two minutes of Thursday night's Colts-Texans game, Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson appeared to lose the ball on a rush attempt as he tried to bleed time off the clock.
Week 9 NFL playoff picture : Ravens hand Pats first loss, jump to No. 2 in AFC . 11 hJake Trotter and Brooke Pryor. The Ravens managed to tighten the AFC playoff race Sunday night, handing the Patriots their first loss of the season and, at the very least, guaranteeing us a layer of genuine playoff
In the NFC , the Philadelphia Eagles ( 11 -2) clinched the NFC East crown and have the top spot in the conference standings after beating the Los Angeles Rams (9-4) Sunday. However, while the Eagles played valiantly in gaining a 43-35 road win over one of the best teams in the league
The Raiders beat the Bengals to stay ahead of the Steelers and right behind the Texans, down only a tiebreaker. The Steelers fell hard to the Browns, who stayed alive after Thursday night. The Chargers are barely alive going into the bye after losing to the Chiefs on Monday night.
Who's likely out?
13. Broncos (3-7), 14. Jets (3-7), 15. Dolphins (2-8)
The Broncos suffered a tough loss at the Vikings, while the Jets got ahead of the Dolphins by beating the Redskins.
16. Bengals (0-10)
The Bengals are still headed to the top pick in the draft.
WEEK 11 NFL PICKS:|
NFC playoff picture
Who would be in?
1. 49ers, first place, NFC West (9-1) — The 49ers now have at least one loss like everyone in the league but got out of Week 11 still a game ahead of the Seahawks, to whom they lost in overtime in Week 10. They survived the Cardinals, but for playoff positioning purposes, critical games against the Packers and Saints are around the corner.
2. Packers, first place, NFC North (8-2) — The Packers were able to jump up here after beating the Panthers, while the Saints lost to the Buccaneers in Week 10. The Packers would end up No. 1 ahead of the Seahawks, should the 49ers get upset by the Cardinals.
CFP picture for Week 14: 4 in, 2 out and 3 to watch
Sporting News takes a look at the College Football Playoff picture heading into Rivalry Week.All that stands between the four Playoff teams is Rivalry Week and conference championship weekend, and those games will determine who reaches the sixth installment of the Playoff. There are 10 Power 5 teams with one loss or fewer heading into that pivotal stretch.
As the NFL 's playoff picture begins to come into focus, here are the updated AFC and NFC standings going into and through the Week 11 games. They have two really tough NFC games against the Eagles before two more critical AFC tests against the Texans and Chiefs.
We take a look at the current playoff standings , teams and matchups after Week 13. With a month left in the regular season, the NFL playoff race is intensifying in both the AFC and NFC . The Rams became the first team to punch their ticket to the postseason leaving just five spots up for grabs in the
3. Saints, first place, NFC South (8-2) — The Saints remain here after beating the Buccaneers; a win kept them behind the Packers because of a conference record tiebreaker and two full games ahead of the Cowboys, whom they beat.
4. Cowboys, first place, NFC East (6-4) — The Cowboys took advantage of the get-well game against the Lions to ensure they will stay at least a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Eagles. They probably can't rise higher than No. 4 given they lost to both the Packers and Saints.
5. Seahawks, second place, NFC West (8-2) — The Seahawks got their massive win against the 49ers and were rewarded with a well-deserved bye after going overtime on Monday night. They'll either stay here a little ahead of the Vikings or jump up to No. 2 behind the Packers should the 49ers lose.
6. Vikings, second place, NFC North (8-3) — The Vikings enjoyed a big Week 10 NFC win over the Cowboys that both fortified their wild-card position and put division heat on the first-place Packers, to whom they've lost. The Vikings cut the lead to a half-game with a win over the Broncos.
Who can get there?
7. Rams (6-4), 8. Eagles (5-5), 9. Panthers (5-5), 10. Bears (4-6), 11. Lions (3-6-1)
The Rams are seeing the division get away from them, but they got a much-needed win over the Bears on Sunday night to set up a possible late wild-card surge, despite being two wins behind both the Seahawks and Vikings. The Eagles, after losing to the Patriots, are probably better off thinking more about how to finish ahead of the Cowboys in the East, now down a full game and a loss to them.
Who's likely out
12. Cardinals (3-7-1), 13. Falcons (3-7), 14. Buccaneers (2-7), 15. Giants (2-8), 16. Redskins (1-9)
Everyone here has a few positives of late — the Cardinals and Giants with their rookie quarterbacks, the Falcons with their defense. The Bucs and Redskins, however, saw more mistakes by their quarterbacks in their respective latest losses.
Related slideshow: Best of the 2019 NFL season (Provided by imagn)
NFL playoff picture: Updated AFC, NFC standings for Week 13 .
As the NFL's playoff picture begins to come into focus, here are the updated AFC and NFC standings through Sunday of Week 13.Here is an updated look at what each conference field would look like now, what teams are still in contention and what teams should already be thinking about the offseason.