•   
  •   
  •   

Sport Mike Francesa is leaving WFAN again, presumably for longer than a few months

02:27  24 july  2020
02:27  24 july  2020 Source:   awfulannouncing.com

Mike Golic Will Work As a College Football Analyst

  Mike Golic Will Work As a College Football Analyst Mike Golic, who had been near the epicenter of ESPN Radio's roadmap for over two decades, won't be part of the new direction in a few weeks. The platform's revaWith time remaining on his contract, it was assumed by many -- and first reported by The Athletic's Richard Deitsch -- that the elder Golic would return to the college football vertical, where he first made his name at ESPN. Adam Schefter, possessor of inside information on this one, confirmed that to be true early this morning.

Mike Francesa is returning to WFAN four months after walking away from the popular sports talk radio station. Francesa told Newsday that he has been working on a project with agency CAA for months and that he “will do everything to work WFAN into an integral part of the project.”

Here's Mike Francesa during Tuesday's show confirming reports earlier in the day that he'd be leaving the Afternoon Show on WFAN next month , but continue to

On Wednesday, Mike Francesa announced that he would be leaving WFAN (again), with his last show coming on Friday.

a close up of a sign © Provided by Awful Announcing

In their post announcing Francesa’s decision, WFAN decided to ignore Francesa’s first departure from the station, which came at the end of 2017. He returned months later with a significant pay cut, and was roundly insulted by the sports radio world.

When he returned, he came with a much-maligned app called Mike’s On, which originally cost $8.99 per month. After a little more than a year, the paywall was dropped. Francesa has been teasing another possible departure since the moment he returned. He left his full afternoon show in December, and is now leaving both his Radio.com hour and the remaining half hour he had on WFAN, per Newsday.

Pompeo: China's behaviour was unacceptable in border clash with India

  Pompeo: China's behaviour was unacceptable in border clash with India Pompeo: China's behaviour was unacceptable in border clash with IndiaHe made the comment at the U.S.-India Business Council’s India Ideas Summit, being conducted on line, adding: "I am confident that with our concerted efforts, we can protect our interest.

Francesa first left WFAN in late 2017 after 30 years with the station, including 19 with Chris Russo on " Mike and the Mad Dog," as well as 29 years total doing afternoon drive. However, he returned just four months later with a shorter show, in order to accommodate space for the show succeeding his, CMB

Popular sports talk radio personality Mike Francesa is set to depart New York’s Wfan at the end of next year. “I’m not saying I’m leaving the business. I’m not saying I’m not going to do anything ever again . What I’m saying is, that part of my life, at the end of ’17, that is ending.”

Newsday also reports Francesa’s rationale for leaving, which comes down to the word “flexibility.”

He said he was motivated largely by a desire to be free of daily commitments, allowing him to do more traveling with his family – including upcoming college visits with his three high school-age children – to spend more time at his Florida home and to pursue other interests, including partnerships in seven thoroughbred racehorses.

“I’ve been pinned down to a daily schedule my whole life, and I want to be free of that so I have some flexibility,” he said.

Francesa said he will not appear on any other New York-area radio station and does not expect ever to have a daily show on radio again.

This news isn’t nearly as surprising (or as significant) as his departure in the winter of 2017. However, just from Francesa’s statements, and WFAN’s apparently desire to move on and reform their lineup, this departure does seem more final when compared to the first time he left the station.

[WFAN, Newsday]

The post Mike Francesa is leaving WFAN again, presumably for longer than a few months appeared first on Awful Announcing.

Newcastle's acquisition of millions burst .
© Getty Images Newcastle United remains in the hands of the unloved owner Mike Ashley The multi-million dollar acquisition of the English first division club Newcastle United by an investment fund from Saudi Arabia is off the table. An agreement that has already been reached between the current owner of the club and the Saudi Public Investment Fund has expired, the offer of £ 300m (€ 331.6m) is off the table.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!