•   
  •   
  •   

Sport Yoenis Cespedes is nowhere to be found; Mets' attempts to contact him 'unsuccessful'

03:41  03 august  2020
03:41  03 august  2020 Source:   sportingnews.com

Yoenis Cespedes Announces Return to Baseball With a Monster Home Run

  Yoenis Cespedes Announces Return to Baseball With a Monster Home Run Yoenis Cespedes is back with the Mets and he announced his return with a monster home run against the Braves.Check it out:

“Our attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful .” The Mets (3-6) entered Sunday’s game on a four-game losing streak and in last place in the The Mets acquired Cespedes from the Tigers just before the trade deadline in 2015 and rode his bat to the World Series. That off-season, he signed a

Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has opted out of the rest of the 2020 Major League Baseball season, Brodie Van Wagenen, the team’s general manager, announced Sunday afternoon. The team said in a statement before the game that their attempt to contact Cespedes had been unsuccessful .

A worrying situation is developing in Atlanta, as Mets' DH/outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has not reported to the team for their Sunday matchup vs. the Braves.

Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen released a statement Sunday, saying Cespedes had not reported to Truist Park in Atlanta, nor did he offer an explanation for his absence. The Mets also mentioned that their attempts to contact Céspedes have been "unsuccessful."

The statement:

"As of game time, Yoenis Céspedes has not reported to the ballpark today. He did not reach out to management with any explanation for his absence. Our attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful."

Céspedes has had a tumultuous tenure with the Mets over the last few seasons, missing all of the 2019 campaign after injuring his ankles on his ranch in Florida following a battle with a wild boar. Céspedes has played 119 games in his last two seasons with the Mets dating back to 2018, battling various injuries throughout.

He has two home runs through eight games in the 2020 season.

This story will be updated.

Doug Marrone on 12 Jaguars players landing on COVID-19 list: ‘I don’t think anyone’s being negligent’ .
The Jacksonville Jaguars had placed 12 players, including quarterback Gardner Minshew, on the COVID-19 reserve list as of Monday morning — the most among any team in the league. While that can be concerning, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone doesn’t think that there is a particular reason why so many of his players have been added to that list. “I don’t think anyone’s being negligent. I really don’t believe that,” Marrone said Monday, via ESPN.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 54
This is interesting!