•   
  •   
  •   

Sport The UFC boss Dana White is fuming at Conor McGregor for breaking a 'man code' and leaking their private Instagram messages

22:35  27 september  2020
22:35  27 september  2020 Source:   msn.com

'Fun stuff'? Dana White says UFC working with Conor McGregor on return – of some kind

  'Fun stuff'? Dana White says UFC working with Conor McGregor on return – of some kind Maybe isn't retired from MMA after all. In June, McGregor announced on Twitter that he'd "decided to retire from fighting" after not receiving an interesting fight offer from the UFC. Since then, he's reiterated being finished, but that could soon change. On ThursdIn June, McGregor announced on Twitter that he’d “decided to retire from fighting” after not receiving an interesting fight offer from the UFC. Since then, he’s reiterated being finished, but that could soon change.

Dana White holding a microphone: Dana White is angry at Conor McGregor. Photo by Chris Unger / Zuffa LLC via Getty Images © Photo by Chris Unger / Zuffa LLC via Getty Images Dana White is angry at Conor McGregor. Photo by Chris Unger / Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
  • The UFC president Dana White is angry at the marquee fighter Conor McGregor.
  • The Irish striker recently leaked private Instagram messages involving White.
  • Following the UFC 253 event on Fight Island, White told reporters that "it's one of the dirtiest things you can do."
  • White appeared to say it violated a "man code" that "even the ladies" know.
  • The UFC boss also downplayed any bout agreement involving McGregor and the eight-weight boxing champion Manny Pacquiao. "I have no idea," he said.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

The UFC boss Dana White is fuming at Conor McGregor for breaking a "man code" and leaking their private Instagram messages online.

The UFC is already planning a 'fun' comeback in the coming months for the recently-retired Conor McGregor

  The UFC is already planning a 'fun' comeback in the coming months for the recently-retired Conor McGregor Gander Truck Series playoff driver Zane Smith wound up 17th in the postseason opener at Bristol Motor Speedway and wasn't happy with his result.

At a post-event press conference inside Fight Island's Flash Forum in Abu Dhabi, White told reporters, "it's one of the dirtiest things you can do."

It regards an incident earlier in the week in which McGregor began posting on Twitter, and included screenshots of messages he and White had been exchanging in the months that followed the Irishman's 40-second victory over Donald Cerrone in January.

McGregor was proposing a headlining fight in Los Angeles, potentially involving the UFC veteran Diego Sanchez who challenged for the lightweight championship in 2009 but lost to B.J. Penn and then embarked on a win-loss streak in the decade that followed.

White appeared to laugh off the proposal, saying the UFC should lose it's license to hold events should it sanction a fight between McGregor, who remains one of the better competitors in the lightweight to welterweight divisions, and Sanchez, who is 39 and well past his prime.

Fight Game on the 'Gram: Paulo Costa's best posts before UFC 253

  Fight Game on the 'Gram: Paulo Costa's best posts before UFC 253 Social media is part of life in the fight game for most fighters. Many of them turn to Instagram to keep their fans and followers informed and entertained since (for now) its reputation is less vitriolic than some of its contemporaries. Ahead of his title fight…Ahead of his title fight against middleweight champion Israel Adesanya (19-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC), check out some of the most popular Instagram posts from Paulo Costa (13-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) over the past year.

"I've had people blowing me up left and right," White said Saturday, acknowledging the leak.

"I mean, everybody here knows — even the ladies — this is man code stuff. It's just something you don't do. It's one of the dirtiest things you can do."

White continued: "We were just talking about Diego Sanchez. And Diego Sanchez is in there and a private conversation I was having with Conor.

"When you're the No.2 or No.3-ranked guy in the world and you're telling me you want to fight, but you want to fight unranked 39-year-old Diego Sanchez in a main-event in Los Angeles … you know."

White added he doesn't know about a Manny Pacquiao mega-fight

Manny Pacquiao holding his hands up: Manny Pacquiao. Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images © Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images Manny Pacquiao. Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images

The Instagram leak was not the only headline McGregor caused this week.

He also tweeted an apparent bout agreement between himself and the former eight-weight world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao.

Amy Coney Barrett nominated to Supreme Court: Celebrities react

  Amy Coney Barrett nominated to Supreme Court: Celebrities react Amy Coney Barrett nominated to Supreme Court: Celebrities react

Though McGregor said he would be boxing Pacquiao next in the Middle East, Pacquiao's representative Sean Gibbons laughed off the suggestion of an agreement, implying that the Irishman may have been drinking when he tweeted.

But in a Team Pacquiao statement to CNN Philippines, it seemed an agreement might happen as Pacquiao wants to donate the fight proceedings to help toward COVID-19 relief in his home country.

White, though, claimed he is none-the-wiser about such a deal.

"I have no idea," he said.

Read more:

Manny Pacquiao's representative said Conor McGregor might have been hitting the whiskey when he tweeted that they'd fight soon

Israel Adesanya cut Paulo Costa, ground-and-pound him on the floor, then pretended to hump him after his knockout win

Jan Blachowicz challenged Jon Jones to return to light heavyweight after winning the UFC title with a knockout performance on Fight Island

A 25-year-old fighter lived up to his 'Mr. Highlight' nickname with a thunderous knockout victory on Fight Island

A photo from Fight Island shows the horrible, lasting effects a brutal, well-timed, body kick can have on a championship fighter

Read the original article on Insider

India: Hundreds of thousands of tea pickers in Assam on indefinite strike .
© Biju BORO / AFP Tea pickers joined farmers in protesting the liberalization of the sale of fruits and vegetables. The strike began this Friday, October 9 to demand wage increases. These workers joined the farmers, who have been protesting for two weeks now against the new selling prices for fruit and vegetables. With our correspondent in Bangalore, Côme Bastin The State of Assam produces nearly 50% of India's tea, and it is found on many tables around the world.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!