•   
  •   
  •   

Sport Alonso does not look or drive like a 39-year-old, says Ocon

18:58  02 march  2021
18:58  02 march  2021 Source:   reuters.com

Joe Biden's CNN Town Hall Transcript in Full—President on Trump, Vaccines and More

  Joe Biden's CNN Town Hall Transcript in Full—President on Trump, Vaccines and More President Biden spoke about everything from the end of the pandemic to being "tired of talking about Donald Trump," while answering questions from members of the audience.Biden discussed a range of topics, from when every American will be able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and the end of the pandemic, to being "tired of talking about Donald Trump" while answering questions from Cooper and members of the audience.

By Alan Baldwin

Fernando Alonso wearing a uniform: FILE PHOTO: IndyCar: 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500-Qualifying © Reuters/Mark J. Rebilas FILE PHOTO: IndyCar: 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500-Qualifying

LONDON (Reuters) - Esteban Ocon expects new team mate Fernando Alonso to come back strongly with Renault-owned Alpine this season after two years out of Formula One and at the age of 39.

The double world champion will be the second oldest driver after Alfa Romeo's 41-year-old Kimi Raikkonen and last month had jaw surgery after a collision with a car while cycling in Switzerland.

Ocon, 24, said he had been impressed by the Spaniard's performance in post-season testing last December and had no doubt he would be hard to beat.

The Florida official who set up a vaccine site for affluent ZIP codes and created a VIP list is under investigation, sheriff's office says

  The Florida official who set up a vaccine site for affluent ZIP codes and created a VIP list is under investigation, sheriff's office says A Florida sheriff's office is investigating whether a Manatee County official broke the law when she organized a Covid-19 vaccine drive limited to two of the county's most affluent ZIP codes.A Florida sheriff's office is investigating whether a Manatee County official broke the law when she organized a Covid-19 vaccine drive limited to two of the county's most affluent ZIP codes.

"What we have seen with Fernando in Abu Dhabi is that he doesn't look like a 39-year-old and he doesn't drive like a 39-year-old," he told reporters ahead of the launch of the team's 2020 car.

"So trust me, he will be ready and he will be performing at top level. No doubt he will be strong but I will do my best against him and push him as hard as I can."

Alonso, who has replaced departed Australian Daniel Ricciardo, won his titles with Renault in 2005 and 2006 and many of the people who worked with him then are still at the Enstone factory.

The Spaniard's Formula One career, with 32 race wins, started in 2001 and includes stints at McLaren and Ferrari.

Ocon has yet to stand on the top step of the podium but he said Alonso would not be favoured in the team.

Trump is facing probes from 5 independently elected investigators

  Trump is facing probes from 5 independently elected investigators Five independently elected investigators have turned their attention to former President Donald Trump, a sign his legal woes are mounting as he no longer enjoys the protections once afforded to him by the Oval Office. © Joe Raedle/Getty Images ORLANDO, FLORIDA - FEBRUARY 28: Former U.S. President Donald Trump addresses the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) held in the Hyatt Regency on February 28, 2021 in Orlando, Florida. Begun in 1974, CPAC brings together conservative organizations, activists, and world leaders to discuss issues important to them.

"He's obviously a great champion but the team is going to listen to me as well," said the Frenchman. "And I have the experience of the car from last year, we know the way that we have to develop it and at the moment Fernando says the same things.

"He brings his opinion and it's not too dissimilar. The team is trusting me for what I'm giving, for the feedback I'm giving, what we want to achieve basically. It's not because Fernando is coming that all the development is going to be his side.

"That's not the policy of the team and it will stay like that."

The season starts in Bahrain on March 28 after three days of testing from March 12-14.

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Christian Radnedge)

Verstappen shines as Hamilton loses way in Bahrain sandstorm .
Max Verstappen laid down an early marker ahead of the world championship on the opening day of pre-season F1 testing in Bahrain on Friday while Lewis Hamilton suffered a nightmare start as a sandstorm swept across the Sakhir track. Verstappen, long regarded as heir apparent to seven-time world champion Hamilton, clocked a best time of 1min 30.674sec in the Red Bull. The Dutchman also piled up an eye-watering 139 laps. "We had a very positive dayVerstappen, long regarded as heir apparent to seven-time world champion Hamilton, clocked a best time of 1min 30.674sec in the Red Bull.

usr: 0
This is interesting!