Sport How to watch 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup: Live stream and TV info, teams, schedule
Ally becomes the NWSL’s first official banking sponsor and league-wide sleeve sponsor
They will also be a Player Impact Focus Program where a portion of Ally’s sponsorship will go directly to players.Ally will look to highlight the NWSL players, fans, and communities who promote the game and make a difference on and off the pitch and has become the official jersey sleeve sponsor of the NWSL. The logo will appear on every NWSL kit as a symbol of their commitment to every player in the league. There will also be a Player Impact Focus Program which will deliver a portion of Ally’s sponsorship fees directly to the league’s players.
In late June 2020, the National Women's Soccer League became the first major professional sports league in the United States to return to action during the COVID-19 pandemic when it kicked off its inaugural Challenge Cup inside a "bubble" location in Utah.
Theas the tournament essentially served as the NWSL's 2020 season.
NFL eyeing onsite offseason workouts; NFLPA prefers virtual setup
The NFL indicated meetings will likely remain virtual for the foreseeable future, but this year’s offseason workouts are not expected to be fully virtual like they were in 2020. However, the union has offered pushback to an onsite offseason returning this year.As of now, teams can schedule onsite OTAs to begin April 19. This is, however, contingent on no offseason plan being agreed to between the NFL and NFLPA. The union has offered pushback to an onsite offseason returning this year, with Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reporting little progress has been made between the sides on this front.
This year, the Challenge Cup will kick off the NWSL's 2021 season, with the league's 24-game regular season slated to start on May 15. Additionally, unlike 2020, the Challenge Cup will not be played in a "bubble," but in the home stadiums of NWSL teams.
The league's 10 teams – with– are split into two, five-team divisions. In the Challenge Cup, teams will play each team in their division. The two division winners then will meet in the Challenge Cup championship game on Saturday, May 8.
RACING LOUSVILLE FC:
NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Four-man race at the top with no true consensus No. 1 pick
NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Four-man race at the top with no true consensus No. 1 pickHere’s a look at Yahoo Sports’ updated first and second round for the 2021 NBA draft.
What are the NWSL divisions?
- NJ/NY Gotham FC
- North Carolina Courage
- Orlando Pride
- Racing Louisville FC
- Washington Spirit
- Chicago Red Stars
- Houston Dash
- Kansas City
- OL Reign
- Portland Thorns FC
What is the NWSL Challenge Cup schedule?
CBS will broadcast the May 8 championship game. CBS Sports Network will air four games. Every other game will stream on Paramount+. Games also will be available for viewing on.
All times Eastern
Friday, April 9
- Houston Dash vs. Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Stadium (8:30, CBS Sports Network)
- Portland Thorns FC vs. Kansas City at Providence Park (10:30 p.m., Paramount+)
Saturday, April 10
- North Carolina Courage vs. Washington Spirit at Sahlen's Stadium (3:30 p.m., Paramount+)
- Racing Louisville FC vs. Orlando Pride at Lynn Family Stadium (7 p.m., Paramount+)
Wednesday, April 14
- Orlando Pride vs. NJ/NY Gotham FC at Exploria Stadium (7 p.m., CBS Sports Network)
Thursday, April 15
The Houston Dash's Five-Step Process to Flip the Script and Build an Unbreakable Circle
Perceptions of the Dash were not too kind before last summer's NWSL Challenge Cup title. Here's how Houston turned it all around. In New York City for an offseason internship with Budweiser, the midfielder had just finished a rooftop game of pickup soccer and was walking the streets an hour before midnight when she received career-changing news.“I’ll never forget,” Groom says.Groom was informed that she, along with teammate Megan Oyster, had been traded to the Houston Dash.
- Chicago Red Stars vs. Portland Thorns FC at SeatGeek Stadium (7:30 p.m., Paramount+)
Friday, April 16
- Washington Spirit vs. Racing Louisville FC at Segra Field (7 p.m., Paramount+)
- OL Reign vs. Houston Dash at Cheney Stadium (10 p.m., Paramount+)
Tuesday, April 20
- NJ/NY Gotham FC vs. North Carolina Courage at Montclair Stadium (6 p.m., Paramount+)
- Chicago Red Stars vs. Kansas City at SeakGeek Stadium (8:30 p.m., Paramount+)
Wednesday, April 21
- Orlando Pride vs. Washington Spirit at Exploria Stadium (7 p.m., Paramount+)
- Portland Thorns FC vs. OL Reign at Providence Park (10 p.m., CBS Sports Network)
Monday, April 26
- Racing Louisville FC vs. North Carolina Courage at Lynn Family Stadium (6 p.m., Paramount+)
- Kansas City vs. Houston Dash at Legends Field (8:30 p.m., Paramount+)
Tuesday, April 27
- Washington Spirit vs. NJ/NY Gotham FC at Segra Field (7 p.m., Paramount+)
- OL Reign vs. Chicago Red Stars at Cheney Stadium (10 p.m., Paramount+)
Saturday, May 1
- North Carolina Courage vs. Orlando Pride at Sahlen's Stadium (7:30 p.m., CBS Sports Network)
Sunday, May 2
- NJ/NY Gotham FC vs. Racing Louisville FC at Montclair Stadium (12:30 p.m., Paramount+)
- Kansas City vs. OL Reign at Legends Field (4:30 p.m., Paramount+)
- Houston Dash vs. Portland Thorns FC at BBVA Stadium (7:30 p.m., Paramount+)
Saturday, May 8
- Championship game (1 p.m., CBS and Paramount+)
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:
NHL's COVID protocol-related absences for April 17, 2021 .
Players in the protocol are: Colorado's Bowen Byram, Philipp Grubauer and Joonas Donskoi; Edmonton's Dmitry Kulikov; Los Angeles' Matt Roy; Montreal's Jon Merrill and Erik Gustafsson; Philadelphia's Jackson Cates; Toronto's Nick Foligno, Riley Nash and Ben Hutton; and Vancouver's Nate Schmidt and Jake Virtanen. Read more here.APRIL 15The NHL has confirmed that the Vancouver Canucks will not return to play from their lengthy COVID-19 pause Friday night versus the Edmonton Oilers as originally hoped.