Sport How to watch Trail Blazers vs. Nuggets: TV channel, NBA live stream info, start time
NBA Power Rankings: Suns move up to second as West dominates top five
Only 3 of the top 10 teams in the rankings are from the East. 1. Jazz (38-12, Last Week No. 1). Casual fans will say that defense/Donovan Mitchell/Rudy Gobert are behind Utah’s run to the top of the standings (and these NBA power rankings). They’re not totally wrong, but the reality is it’s the 3-ball that propelled the Jazz the NBA’s best record. Utah is averaging 43 attempts from three a game — the most per game in NBA history, topping the 2017-18 Houston team — and is hitting 39.5% of them. That’s 17 made threes a game on average, blowing out the previous record of 15.3 per game by those same Rockets.
Through 1 Quarter
Both the Portland Trail Blazers and the Denver Nuggets have kept the scorekeepers busy with 75 between them one quarter in. It's still tight, with the Trail Blazers leading 38-37. They have been riding high on the performance of point guard, who has 13 points.
With 20 games going down to the wire already, it's been a real nail-biter of a season for Portland, and they are locked in another battle with Denver. Maybe they will pull away, but we predict a narrow margin.
Celtics vs. Nuggets odds, line, spread: 2021 NBA picks, April 11 predictions from model on 93-59 roll
SportsLine's Projection Model simulated Nuggets vs. Celtics 10,000 timesTip-off is at 3 p.m. ET in Denver. William Hill Sportsbook lists the Nuggets as seven-point home favorites, while the over-under, or total number of points Vegas thinks will be scored, is 221.5 in the latest Celtics vs. Nuggets odds. Before you make any Nuggets vs. Celtics picks, be sure to see the NBA predictions and betting advice from SportsLine's proven computer model.
Denver @ Portland
Current Records: Denver 37-20; Portland 32-25
What to Know
The Denver Nuggets and the Portland Trail Blazers are set to square off in a Northwest Division matchup at 10 p.m. ET April 21 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. Denver knows how to get points on the board -- the squad has finished with flashy point totals in its past three matchups -- so hopefully Portland likes a good challenge.
It may have taken double overtime to finish the job, but the Nuggets ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Monday with a 139-137 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. Centercontinued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, almost dropping a triple-double on 47 points, 15 rebounds, and eight dimes. That makes it six consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least ten rebounds.
Does Jamal Murray's Injury End the Nuggets' Title Hopes?
Denver had finally unlocked the best version of their team in years, but the loss of Murray to a knee injury is a devastating blow to their championship dreams. View the original article to see embedded media.The Nuggets lost star Jamal Murray for the remainder of the season after a torn ACL in Monday’s loss to the Warriors.Murray exploded in the playoffs last season and was behind the Nuggets’ historic postseason run in which the team overcame two 3–1 series deficits.
Speaking of close games: Rip City was just a bucket short of a win on Tuesday and fell 113-112 to the Los Angeles Clippers. Portland's loss came about despite a quality game from shooting guard, who had 28 points and five assists along with five boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Nuggets are expected to win a tight contest on Wednesday. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Denver, who are 28-29 against the spread.
Denver is now 37-20 while Portland sits at 32-25. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Denver comes into the contest boasting the second highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.90%. Less enviably, the Trail Blazers have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.90% from the floor on average, which is the fourth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: The Sports Network
- Online streaming: (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
The Nuggets are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest.
NBA Rookie Rankings: Anthony Edwards continues impressive scoring, Malachi Flynn proves himself with Raptors
We're reaching the final month of the season and rookies are continuing to developNow moving on to this week's rookie rankings. These rankings will reflect a rookie's performance on a week-to-week basis only, not the collective season, so these aren't Rookie of the Year standings. With that straightened out, here is a look at the top rookies this week.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Nuggets as a 5-point favorite.
Seefor every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. .
Denver have won 15 out of their last 28 games against Portland.
- Feb 23, 2021 - Denver 111 vs. Portland 106
- Aug 06, 2020 - Portland 125 vs. Denver 115
- Feb 04, 2020 - Denver 127 vs. Portland 99
- Dec 12, 2019 - Denver 114 vs. Portland 99
- Oct 23, 2019 - Denver 108 vs. Portland 100
- May 12, 2019 - Portland 100 vs. Denver 96
- May 09, 2019 - Portland 119 vs. Denver 108
- May 07, 2019 - Denver 124 vs. Portland 98
- May 05, 2019 - Denver 116 vs. Portland 112
- May 03, 2019 - Portland 140 vs. Denver 137
- May 01, 2019 - Portland 97 vs. Denver 90
- Apr 29, 2019 - Denver 121 vs. Portland 113
- Apr 07, 2019 - Portland 115 vs. Denver 108
- Apr 05, 2019 - Denver 119 vs. Portland 110
- Jan 13, 2019 - Denver 116 vs. Portland 113
- Nov 30, 2018 - Denver 113 vs. Portland 112
- Apr 09, 2018 - Denver 88 vs. Portland 82
- Jan 22, 2018 - Denver 104 vs. Portland 101
- Dec 22, 2017 - Denver 102 vs. Portland 85
- Nov 13, 2017 - Portland 99 vs. Denver 82
- Mar 28, 2017 - Portland 122 vs. Denver 113
- Dec 15, 2016 - Denver 132 vs. Portland 120
- Nov 13, 2016 - Portland 112 vs. Denver 105
- Oct 29, 2016 - Portland 115 vs. Denver 113
- Apr 13, 2016 - Portland 107 vs. Denver 99
- Jan 03, 2016 - Portland 112 vs. Denver 106
- Dec 30, 2015 - Portland 110 vs. Denver 103
- Nov 09, 2015 - Denver 108 vs. Portland 104
Injury Report for Portland
- Derrick Jones Jr.: Out (Hip)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Denver
- Monte Morris: Out (Hamstring)
- Jamal Murray: Out for the Season (Knee)
Lakers vs. Nuggets odds, line, spread: 2021 NBA picks, May 3 predictions from model on 97-60 roll .
SportsLine's Projection Model simulated Nuggets vs. Lakers 10,000 timesTip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET from Staples Center. William Hill Sportsbook lists Denver as the 2.5-point favorite while the over-under for total points scored is 219 in the latest Lakers vs. Nuggets odds. Before making any Nuggets vs. Lakers picks, be sure to see the NBA predictions and betting advice from SportsLine's proven computer model.