Sport New York Jets Flight Connections 5/01/21
NASA scores Wright Brothers moment with first helicopter flight on Mars
NASA scores Wright Brothers moment with first helicopter flight on MarsLOS ANGELES (Reuters) -NASA's miniature robot helicopter Ingenuity performed a successful takeoff and landing on Mars early on Monday, achieving the first powered, controlled flight by an aircraft over the surface of another planet, the U.S. space agency said.
Good morning, Gang Green Nation! The first two days of theare in the books, and the word for the day is: offense. For the second straight year the Jets used every one of their first and second round picks on offense, and for the first time in forever the Jets offense doesn’t look moribund. While there will no doubt be growing pains, and it would be unrealistic to expect this offense to dominate right away, the team finally is investing heavily in trying to turn around what has been an abysmal travesty for much of the last decade. This is still a work in progress. The Jets could still use help on the offensive line, at running back, and at tight end. But if things work out, maybe we can finally turn on the TV on game days expecting to see offensive fireworks instead of wondering if the Jets offense will reach double digits on the scoreboard. These are heady days indeed for Jets fans.
Push for the Playoffs: Jets, Oilers on collision course for First Round meeting
Your daily look at the NHL playoff picture and Draft Lottery odds.Edmonton is winning the battle currently, up a point on Winnipeg following Monday’s 6-1 romp. The Oilers also have the advantage with two games in-hand on the Jets.
Here are your links to thethis glorious Sunday in May:
- 2021 NFL Draft: Wide Receiver Elijah Moore, , Round 2, Pick 34
- Jets select Ole Miss Receiver Elijah Moore with 34th pick
- 2021 NFL Draft: Jets add playmaker Elijah Moore in Round 2
- Jets draft Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore No. 34
- bolster offense with wide receiver Elijah Moore
- NY Jets draft Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore with the No. 34 pick
- Jets Select Wide Receiver Elijah Moore With 34th Pick
- 2021 NFL draft: Jets pick Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore with No. 34 pick
Grading the 2021 mock drafts: How did Mel Kiper, Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay, Peter King & other experts fare?
Every year it's a crapshoot, and every year we're reminded of it. Here's how NFL Draft experts did this year.For all the leaks, speculation and rumors leading up to the NFL Draft every year, we're reminded annually how inexact a science mock drafts are. Best guesses, best estimations, but still imperfect — very much so.
- New York Jets draft Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore with No. 34 pick
Woman Accused of Punching American Airlines Flight Attendant Over Garbage Is Given Travel Curbs
Chenasia Campbell, of Brooklyn, is accused of striking a flight attendant multiple times, as well as knocking the woman to the floor. An off-duty New York Police Department officer also happened to be aboard the plane at the time of Campbell's alleged misconduct. A criminal complaint filed Monday reports the officer subdued the aggressive passenger and placed her in restraints, which she remained in for the rest of the flight to New York City.The criminal complaint was filed in the Eastern District of New York.
- New York Jets select Elijah Moore with 34th overall pick
- NFL Draft: Jets’ Elijah Moore grew after peeing dog celebration
- 2021 NFL draft: Things to know about new Jets WR Elijah Moore
- 2021 NFL draft: Instant analysis of Jets picking WR Elijah Moore
- 2021 NFL draft: Jets WR Elijah Moore excited to work with Zach Wilson
- 2021 NFL draft: Jets pull off draft first with Elijah Moore pick
- Jets GM Joe Douglas: Elijah Moore won’t replace Jamison Crowder
- 2021 NFL draft: Zach Wilson, Twitter react to Jets taking Elijah Moore
- 2021 NFL Draft: Zach Wilson brings no fear attitude to Jets
- 2021 NFL draft: Robert Saleh declines to name Zach Wilson Jets’ starter
- Jets introduce new quarterback Zach Wilson
Matt Nagy suggests Bears will take things slow with Justin Fields
The Chicago Bears hope they have their franchise quarterback in Justin Fields, but it’s pretty clear they’re not going to rush him onto the field. © Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports In an appearance on “The Herd with Colin Cowherd,” Bears coach Matt Nagy made clear that the team does not intend to rush Fields into the starting job for fear of essentially ruining him. “The worst thing we can do is put him in when he’s not ready and ruin him, which ruins the Bears,” Nagy said, via Jenna Ciccotelli of Bleacher Report.
- NY Jets land best-case scenario with Zach Wilson, Alijah Vera-Tucker
- Drafted: Zach Wilson; A Closer Look at the Jets new QB
- Jets Back Zach; Gang Green Snags QB With Second Overall Pick
- 2021 NFL draft: Takeaways from Zach Wilson’s first Jets press conference
- Day 1 : Jets get A- for Zach Wilson, Alijah Vera-Tucker
- 2021 NFL draft: Zach Wilson just the 5th Jets draft pick from BYU
- NFL draft: Why Jets’ Joe Douglas compared Zach Wilson to Steve McNair
- NFL Draft 2021: Alijah Vera-Tucker gives Jets big O-line boost
- NY Jets: Updated OL depth chart following Alijah Vera-Tucker pick
- Jets Trade up to 14, Select Alijah Vera-Tucker
- Alijah Vera-Tucker eager to block for new Jets teammate Zach Wilson
- New York Jets believe Alijah Vera-Tucker is top 10 player in NFL draft
- New York Jets criticized for drafting Zach Wilson, Alijah Vera-Tucker in first round
NFL Insider Offers Update On Jets DL Quinnen Williams After Injury
Earlier this week, the New York Jets received unfortunate news regarding Quinnen Williams. The talented defensive lineman suffered a broken bone in his foot that required surgery. NFL Network insider Tom Pelissero provided an update on Williams’ injury this Friday, announcing that the Alabama product underwent successful surgery. The bad news for the Jets is […] The post NFL Insider Offers Update On Jets DL Quinnen Williams After Injury appeared first on The Spun.
- Jets NFL Draft thoughts: Nick Foles should be next quarterback move
- New York Jets NFL draft picks 2021: Analysis for every selection
- New York Jets: Too early to grade, but offensive goals met on day one
- Pete Lammons, Jets’ III Tight End, Dies Suddenly
- Former New York Jets, championship-winning tight end Pete Lammons dies at 77
- Ex-Jets tight end Pete Lammons dead at fishing tournament
- Pete Lammons, Jets’ Super Bowl III starting tight end, dies at 77
- Former Jets TE Pete Lammons, Super Bowl III champion, dies at 77
- Who is Jets draft pick Zach Wilson’s mom? Meet Lisa Wilson
- Zach Wilson’s mom trends on Twitter after Jets select him in NFL Draft
Here are yourfrom yesterday.
Here’s the, why not stop by and say hello?
Enjoy the day everybody.
NFL Team Preview: Rebuilding Jets land on 31st spot in fantasy power rankings .
Next up, the 31st-ranked New York Jets. The Jets have an intriguing group of receivers they're expected to field this season. Who among the trio of Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, and Elijah Moore would you expect to have the biggest fantasy impact? Andy: I appreciate the framing of this question, which excludes Jamison Crowder entirely. He's still the best receiver on the Jets roster, but the team could very well kick him to the curb after drafting Moore. As a longtime promoter of Crowder for PPR purposes, I welcome any relocation. If he goes to Detroit or Tennessee, he could see 130 targets. As for the actual question here ... um ... ick.