Sport Islanders Playoffs News: Game 1 against the Bruins will be tomorrow night
NHL playoffs: Bryan Rust's late penalty almost cost Penguins; Golden Knights finally score
Bryan Rust opened the Pittsburgh Penguins' scoring against the New York Islanders, then his teammates killed off his penalty in the final minutes.He scored the opening goal in the first period after a New York turnover, took four shots, drew a penalty, delivered two hits and played more than 19 minutes.
Theknow now when they will begin their series with the . The full series schedule, or even the Game 2 schedule, is not yet known. But Game 1 will be Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. ET on NBC.
Let’s get at it.
Unfinished business.— x - New York Islanders (@NYIslanders)
Islanders Playoffs News
- Full details about Game 1’s start time. [ | | | ]
- The NHL site previews the Islanders-Bruins series. [ ]
- And the Newsday crew does their own deep dive into the upcoming series. The writers all chose the Bruins. Boooooo! [ ]
- The Islanders won the first five games of the season series against the Bruins, but they lost the last three, including the final game of the season, all of which came after the Trade Deadline. [ ]
- The Isles’ “French Connection,” Anthony Beauvillier and J-G Pageau, played a large role in the series win over the . [ ]
- Barry Trotz talked about guiding his team over the Penguins. [ ]
- The Game 6 clincher was a wild atmosphere. And Tristan Jarry’s name is pretty easy to chant. [ ]
- Travis Zajac definitely made the most of his appearance in Game 6. [ ]
- Five Takeaways from the Islanders series win, written by the Islanders site. [ ]
- And Six Takeaways from the series win, written by Arthur Staple. He says that it is no question which goalie starts Game 1. [ ]
- These Islanders are built for the playoff grind. [ ]
- And Ilya Sorokin was worth the wait. [ ]
- Looking ahead a bit, the UBS Arena’s signage has been installed. [ ]
Beyond Long Island and New England
include the staving off elimination over the , and the defeating the in overtime to advance to the second round against the .
NHL playoffs: Blues rip hits on defensemen; Connor McDavid shut down; Capitals, Bruins keep going to OT
The Blues lost defensemen Justin Faulk and Robert Bortuzzo during a 6-3 loss to the Avalanche. The Jets held Oilers' Connor McDavid without a point.They then took two major hits during the 6-3 Colorado Avalanche win when defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Justin Faulk left the game with injuries.
- The Penguins’ first round loss largely can be attributed to their goaltending and the disappearance of their top line. [ ]
- John Tavares took a spin on the ice for the first time since his gruesome injury, so that’s a good sign. [ ]
- Two recent champions, the and the , won a combined one game in the 2021 Stanley Cup playoffs. But they’re trying to extend their windows. [ ]
- Though the Preds are now eliminated, it was fun to have the playoffs back in Nashville. [ ]
- The NHL heard Nazem Kadri’s appeal yesterday. I imagine that a decision will be rendered before the begin their second round series on Sunday. [ ]
- Connor McDavid is not the only superstar to have a historic season washed away by postseason disappointment. [ ]
- Ethan Bear responded to racist comments he received in the wake of the ’ series loss to the . [ ]
- A filmmaker sneaked into his hockey documentary a very good anime reference that I do not get. [ ]
Bruins win Game 3 on Marchand overtime goal; Lose Carlo to injury .
Jared Quay previews the betting odds for the Nationals and Phillies on Friday June 4.