Sport PHT Morning Skate: Treliving on losing Giordano; NHL schedule revealed Thursday
Price, Tarasenko, more: Biggest names (risks?) available in expansion draft
The Kraken have some tough choices to make.In this post, PHT breaks down some of the biggest names (and contracts, and risks) available to the Seattle Kraken in the expansion draft. Wednesday represents when the Kraken’s expansion draft picks will be announced.
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at.
• Flames GMon losing captain in the NHL Expansion Draft: “In order for this not to happen was a price we couldn’t pay. If there was a way within reason for this not to happen . . . we certainly would have pursued it.” [ ]
• Ron Francis put together his initial Seattle Kraken roster with cap space and the long game in mind. 
PHT Morning Skate: Risks, rewards of acquiring Eichel; no timetable yet for Toews
Tuesday's collection of links.• Looking at the risks and the rewards for the Rangers if they go and acquire Jack Eichel.
• Taking a look at, , and , the Kraken’s goaltending trio. [ ]
• Here’s the full Kraken roster from the NHL Expansion Draft. 
• Analyzing the roster with more moves to come from Francis and his staff. 
• The 2021-22 NHL schedule will be revealed Thursday night at 6 p.m. ET. 
• We do know who the Kraken will face in their home opener, and it’s the Canucks. 
• With so many leagues shut down and travel restricted, scouting for the 2021 NHL Draft was a unique experience. 
• A sign-and-trade deal between the Oilers and Maple Leafs could be executed Thursday withheading west. [ ]
• Couldbe a good fit with the Penguins? [ ]
Signing Hart and more: Flyers’ work not done after draft, big trades
Figuring out what Hart, Couturier, and Giroux will make on future contracts is key, among other things.(Frankly, it’s difficult to imagine their goaltending being the flat-out worst in the NHL again. They were the worst by a shockingly comfortable margin in 2020-21.
• It took a while, but the Islanders have the growth and stability that makes them attractive to free agents. 
More NHL news
Sean Leahy is a writer for. Drop him a line at or follow him on Twitter
originally appeared on
NHL Draft 2021: Why did the Coyotes have to forfeit their first-round pick? .
There are 224 slots for the 2021 NHL Draft but only 223 names will be called. Here's everything you need to know as to why that is.One team broke the rules, and like in the 2020 draft, has lost a pick. This time it's a coveted first-rounder.