Sport Adjusting Our Outlook As Iowa Becomes The Front Runner: Week 2 Review Podcast
Top 10 Iowa, Iowa State Squads Set to Clash in Hostile Matchup
Matt Campbell's Cyclones and Kirk Ferentz's Hawkeyes have plenty of history. Saturday's game will help define the programs' futures.I told Jared DeVries I wanted to talk to him about the Iowa-Iowa State rivalry, and this is what came back through the phone: “I didn’t know there was a rivalry.
Twelve Big Ten teams won in Week 2, with only the standard-bearers for greatness and futility picking up losses. Illibuck aside, we have questions on week 2, and most of them have answers!
- Is Illinois doomed to two years of purgatory or should we expect more?
- How different is 2021 for Bret Bielema from 2016 for Lovie Smith, and where can he distinguish himself?
- Did I grow up enough to not make a Penix joke, or is there just not much to say about beating Idaho?
- Who had the most impactful blowout win over a tomato can?
- How did Minnesota get so close to losing this game despite dominating on offense throughout?
- Not to take away from , but what the hell happened to Dino Babers?
- Is this Rutger defense for real?
- Does it matter if Michigan doesn’t pass the ball? Do we know that they can’t?
- A very disturbing ALLEGED report on the state of the defense on the sideline
- Can any Big Ten teams use the rubric Oregon used to boatrace the Buckeyes?
- Are we ready to put Iowa in the driver’s seat? How far can they take their performative demonstration of the futility of offense?
- The definitive guide to how to talk about Top Five Iowa
- A hound dog snores loudly through our recap of El Assico!
Big 12 to consider BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston for expansion? .
The Big 12 could extend formal invitations during the upcoming football season to any of four potential candidates. While BYU, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston are all mentioned, BYU is named as the favorite because it's an FBS independent that has other programs competing in the West Coast Conference. The other three schools would have to notify the American Athletic Conference of their plans to depart for the Big 12 at least 27 months ahead of time and also pay exit fees of $10 million each. Eight of 10 current Big 12 members, including Texas and Oklahoma, must approve of any school joining the conference.