Sport Rumor Roundup: Brock Lesnar vs. Gable Steveson, MVP injury, more!
Astros select Marwin Gonzalez, option Josh James
The Astros have selected the contract of Marwin Gonzalez.The Astros 40-man roster had a vacancy because Zack Greinke and Taylor Jones were recently placed on the COVID IL. Neither counts against the 40-man roster at this time.
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- claims WWE isn’t making any plans for Brock Lesnar vs. Gable Steveson at this time.
- The notes that MVP had knee surgery this week and he’ll be out of action for a while.
- According to , there are two US wrestling promotions interested in Alberto El Patron once his legal issues are all cleared up.
- Per , both Christopher Daniels and Alex Zayne were at recent Impact Wrestling tapings.
- Dave Meltzer noted on that he’s heard Josh Alexander is going to be getting the next big push in Impact Wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Backto keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.
Padres dismiss farm director; rumblings of potential larger changes mounting .
For now, the Padres have tried to tamp down speculation about the future as they focus on the season’s final couple weeks. Both pieces present a detailed look into a seemingly messy situation and are worth full perusals.Despite that reported discord, it’s by no means a fait accompli that Tingler is managing his final few games in San Diego. Acee cautions that some players in the clubhouse still stick by the skipper, instead expressing frustration with what they believe to be other players’ excuses for the Padres' underperformance.