•   
  •   
  •   

Sport Texas LB Jake Ehlinger died from accidental overdose

09:40  23 october  2021
09:40  23 october  2021 Source:   yardbarker.com

Family: Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger died of accidental overdose

  Family: Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger died of accidental overdose The Ehlinger family confirmed Thursday via a statement that Jake's death was caused by an accidental overdose. "Today we are sad to share that we have learned that Jake was a victim of an accidental overdose of what was believed to be Xanax laced with toxic drugs including deadly Fentanyl," the statement reads. "The spread of counterfeit pills is an ongoing and significant issue throughout our country, particularly in schools, colleges, and universities."As our family continues to process Jake's death, we felt it was important to share these details with the hope that Jake will not have died in vain.

Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger was found dead near the school’s campus earlier this year, and his family has revealed the cause of death. “Today we are sad to share that we have learned that Jake was a victim of an accidental overdose of what was believed to be Xanax laced with toxic drugs including deadly Fentanyl,” the statement read, via ESPN’s Dave Wilson. “The spread of counterfeit pills is an ongoing and significant issue throughout our country, particularly in schools, colleges, and universities.

The family of Jake Ehlinger said in a statement Thursday that the University of Texas Longhorns linebacker died in May from an accidental drug overdose . Jake Ehlinger is believed to have taken Xanax laced with "toxic" drugs such as Fentanyl, according to a statement released by his family on Thursday.

Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger was found dead near the school’s campus earlier this year, and his family has revealed the cause of death.

Texas Longhorns linebacker Jake Ehlinger. © Scott Wachter-USA TODAY Sports Texas Longhorns linebacker Jake Ehlinger.

Ehlinger’s family said in a statement on Thursday that it was determined the 20-year-old accidentally overdosed on Xanax that was laced with toxic drugs, one of which was fentanyl.

“Today we are sad to share that we have learned that Jake was a victim of an accidental overdose of what was believed to be Xanax laced with toxic drugs including deadly Fentanyl,” the statement read, via ESPN’s Dave Wilson. “The spread of counterfeit pills is an ongoing and significant issue throughout our country, particularly in schools, colleges, and universities.

Texas LB Jake Ehlinger's family said he died of accidental overdose

  Texas LB Jake Ehlinger's family said he died of accidental overdose The family of Jake Ehlinger said Thursday that the Texas linebacker’s death in May was due to an accidental overdose, according to ESPN. Austin police said they found Ehlinger unresponsive on May 6 near the Texas campus. "Today we are sad to share that we have learned that Jake was a victim of an accidental overdose of what was believed to be Xanax laced with toxic drugs including deadly Fentanyl," the family said in a statement, via ESPN. "The spread of counterfeit pills is an ongoing and significant issue throughout our country, particularly in schools, colleges, and universities.

Family: Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger died of accidental overdose . By Zac Wassink | Last updated 10/21/21. Ross Ehlinger , Jake and Sam's father, died of a heart attack while competing in a triathlon in 2013 at the age of 46. Jake spent two seasons with the Texas program but did not play over that time. Zac Wassink is a football and futbol aficionado who is a PFWA member and is probably yelling about Tottenham Hotspur at the moment.

Jake Ehlinger did not play in his two seasons at Texas after arriving as a walk-on. His older brother Sam played QB for the Longhorns and is now on the NFL's Colts. Ehlinger is one of several athletes to die from fentanyl overdoses in recent years, including Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs and ex-NHL player Jimmy Jake Ehlinger , 20, was found dead on May 6. No cause of death was immediately released, but the family is now saying they believe he ingested a dose of the prescription drug Xanax laced with toxic substances, including fentanyl. 'The spread of counterfeit pills is an ongoing and significant issue

“As our family continues to process Jake’s death, we felt it was important to share these details with the hope that Jake will not have died in vain. We pray that sharing Jake’s story will help shed light on this problem and prevent other families from also tragically losing a loved one.”

Ehlinger was the younger brother of Indianapolis Colts rookie quarterback and former Longhorns star Sam Ehlinger.

This is the second time in a week that we have learned fentanyl contributed to the tragic death of a former athlete.

Subscribe to Yardbarker's Morning Bark, the most comprehensive newsletter in sports. Customize your email to get the latest news on your favorite sports, teams and schools. Emailed daily. Always free! Sign up now ▸

Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman

  Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Actor Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun on a movie set and killed the cinematographer, authorities said. The director of the Western being filmed was also wounded, and authorities are investigating what happened. Halyna Hutchins, cinematographer on the movie “Rust,” and director Joel Souza were shot Thursday on the rustic film set in the desert on the southern outskirts of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County Sheriff’s officials said. AHalyna Hutchins, cinematographer on the movie “Rust,” and director Joel Souza were shot Thursday on the rustic film set in the desert on the southern outskirts of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County Sheriff’s officials said.

Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger was found dead near the school’s campus earlier this year, and his family has revealed the cause of death. “Today we are sad to share that we have learned that Jake was a victim of an accidental overdose of what was believed to be Xanax laced with toxic drugs including deadly Fentanyl,” the statement read, via ESPN’s Dave Wilson. “The spread of counterfeit pills is an ongoing and significant issue throughout our country, particularly in schools, colleges, and universities.

Jake Ehlinger ’s family released a statement Thursday saying the former Texas football player’s death in May was the result of an accidental overdose of what was believed to be Xanax laced with Fentanyl. Austin police said they responded to a call at 12:18 p.m. on May 6 and found Ehlinger in “As our family continues to process Jake ’s death, we felt it was important to share these details with the hope that Jake will not have died in vain,” the statement continued. “We pray that sharing Jake ’s story will help shed light on this problem and prevent other families from also tragically losing a loved one.”

More must-reads:

  • Illinois coach Bret Bielema defends controversial comments about roster
  • Five-star OT Zach Rice commits to North Carolina
  • The '40+ points on opening night' quiz

A World Remembers: Memorials honor COVID-19's 5 million dead .
BERGAMO, Italy (AP) — The Italian city that suffered the brunt of COVID-19’s first deadly wave is dedicating a vivid memorial to the pandemic dead: A grove of trees, creating oxygen in a park opposite the hospital where so many died, unable to breathe. Bergamo, in northern Italy, is among the many communities around the globe dedicating memorials to commemorate lives lost in a pandemic that is nearing the terrible threshold of 5 million confirmed dead. Some have been drawn from artist’s ideas or civic group proposals, but others are spontaneous displays of grief and frustration.

usr: 2
This is interesting!