•   
  •   
  •   

US U.S. to dismiss charges against 129 people in Trump inaugural protests

01:50  19 january  2018
01:50  19 january  2018 Source:   reuters.com

New hope for NH man's release from prison after judge dismisses Bundy charges

  New hope for NH man's release from prison after judge dismisses Bundy charges Criminal charges have been dropped against a Nevada rancher accused of leading an armed uprising against federal authorities. >> Download the FREE WMUR appThe dropped charges are raising questions as to what will happen to a New Hampshire man who was sentenced to prison for his role in the standoff. Susan Delemus, wife of Jerry Delemus, said she was leaving the grocery store Monday afternoon when she got word about a federal judge's decision to dismiss charges against 71-year-old Cliven Bundy and his sons for allegedly leading a standoff over federal land use rights.

intends to dismiss criminal charges against 129 defendants in connection with the protests that took place during President Donald Trump ’ s Jan. 20, 2017 inauguration . The move to dismiss the charges against the majority of the more than 200 people arrested comes after six protesters were

The U . S . Justice Department intends to dismiss criminal charges against 129 defendants in connection with the protests that took place during President Donald Prosecutors have contended that the protesters were part of the group that became violent during the Inauguration Day protests .

Anti-Trump protesters burn an effigy of Donald Trump through the streets of Montreal, Friday, January 20, 2017, during a demonstration taking place simultaneously with the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States of America. © THE CANADIAN PRESS/Ryan Remiorz Anti-Trump protesters burn an effigy of Donald Trump through the streets of Montreal, Friday, January 20, 2017, during a demonstration taking place simultaneously with the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States of America. WASHINGTON, Jan 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department intends to dismiss criminal charges against 129 defendants in connection with the protests that took place during President Donald Trump's Jan. 20, 2017 inauguration, according to a court filing on Thursday.

The move to dismiss the charges against the majority of the more than 200 people arrested comes after six protesters were cleared of criminal rioting by a jury in December.

The government said on Thursday it still intends to proceed prosecuting 59 remaining defendants.

Cosby lawyers: Prosecution withheld, destroyed key evidence .
Bill Cosby's lawyers are accusing prosecutors of withholding and destroying evidence that could have helped him.Cosby's lawyers want his criminal sexual assault case dismissed before his April retrial. They say in court papers Thursday that prosecutors only recently informed them of an interview last year with a woman who cast doubts on Andrea Constand's allegations that Cosby drugged and molested her in 2004. They also say detectives destroyed their notes from the interview.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!