Beloved grandfather's body pulled from collapsed Hard Rock hotel
A family holding vigil outside the site of the Hard Rock hotel construction collapse received the news they hoped they’d never hear. Anthony Magrette’s body was pulled from the rubble, according to his wife, Nova Magrette. She tells WWL-TV that she identified his body at the Orleans Parish Coroner’s office on Sunday night.
The family of one of the men who died when the Hard Rock hotel collapsed two weeks ago in downtown New Orleans has filed a wrongful death lawsuit 12, when the top floors came tumbling down, killing three construction workers and injuring dozens of others. The cause of the collapse is
The family of a Mason, Ohio, man killed in a 2017 trench collapse has filed a million wrongful death lawsuit . Subscribe to WLWT on YouTube now for more
The family of one of the men who died when the Hard Rock hoteltwo weeks ago in downtown New Orleans has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the building's developers.
The hotel was under construction on Oct. 12, when the top floors came tumbling down, killing three construction workers and injuring dozens of others. The cause of the collapse is currently under investigation.
Kamren Schexnayder and Angela Magrette Ortega, the daughter and twin sister of one of the victims, Anthony Magrette, said in their lawsuit that the developers failed to provide a safe working environment for the workers.
Contractor claims video shows structural flaws prior to Hard Rock Hotel collapse
A contractor posted a video arguing it showed structural problems inside the Hard Rock Hotel construction site two days before its deadly collapse.The video, posted Tuesday by a contractor, caught the attention of investigators looking into the collapse that authorities say killed three people, including one person unaccounted for who is now believed to be dead.
Wrongful death is a claim against a person who can be held liable for a death . The claim is brought in a civil action, usually by close relatives, as enumerated by statute.
The family of the 60-year-old Chesapeake man who was killed by an armed security guard while playing Pokémon Go in 2017 has filed a wrongful death In the lawsuit , Chen's family claimed that the victim was not armed. The defense, throughout court proceedings, has maintained Cromwell was
Schexnayder and Ortega said Magrette,49, was "alive at the time the Hard Rock began to collapse" and the companies are responsible for "his conscious physical pain and suffering and mental anguish immediately preceding his death."
They are also suing for their own mental suffering.
Both women arrived at the scene of the collapse before rescue workers could find Magrette and witnessed his body removed from the rubble, according to the lawsuit.
The two filed the suit on Tuesday in Orleans Parish Civil District Court against multiple companies: 1031 Canal, Kailas Development, Citadel Builders, Moses Engineers, Harry Baker Smith Architects, and Heaslip Engineering.
New crane positioned near unstable New Orleans collapse site
A new construction crane has been moved to the New Orleans site where a partially collapsed building and two giant cranes are in danger of toppling after a weekend disaster that killed three workers. It was not immediately clear how it might be used in efforts to stabilize the site. It was not immediately clear how it might be used in efforts to stabilize the site. Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards was to meet with officials there Thursday and hold an afternoon news conference.
The family of a teenager killed in a boating wreck in Beaufort County has filed a wrongful death lawsuit . The lawsuit names a group of four defendants, claiming they either sold or gave alcohol to two potential drivers of a boat that crashed into a bridge on Archers Creek last month.
The family of a Mason, Ohio, man killed in a 2017 trench collapse has filed a million wrongful death lawsuit . Zach Hess was 25 years old when he was killed at a work site in the Woodlands at Morrow subdivision.
“Our highest priority is the care and concern for the families involved," 1031 Canal said in a statement. "While there are many questions that are unanswerable at this juncture, our prayers and sympathies are with the good men and women who have been affected. We are hopeful that the thoughts and prayers throughout the community will help us as we continue to work with local authorities and the General Contractor to identify the causes of the incident.”
A statement on Citadel Builder's website read, in part, "safety has always been and shall remain a priority for our employees and subcontractors."
Harry Baker Smith Architects declined to comment, and the remaining companies did not respond to requests for comment from ABC News.
The majority of the companies named in Tuesday's lawsuit are facingfrom victims who were injured in the collapse and have alleged negligence.
Demolition of New Orleans cranes expected Saturday after weather delay
The implosion of two cranes at the Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans, which partially collapsed during construction, was expected Saturday after a delay due to a tropical storm, officials said. © Scott Threlkeld/The Advocate/AP Debris hangs on the side of the building after a large portion of a hotel under construction suddenly collapsed in New Orleans on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019. Several construction workers had to run to safety as the Hard Rock Hotel, which has been under construction for the last several months, came crashing down. It was not immediately clear what caused the collapse or if anyone was injured.
Crump is also representing the family of Stephon Clark, an unarmed 22-year-old whose killing in his grandmother’s back yard by police in Sacramento last month set off a wave of protests in Crutcher’s family have filed a wrongful death lawsuit . The officer who shot him was acquitted of manslaughter.
The family of a man shot and killed by deputies after a foot pursuit in Vista earlier this month has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the San Diego County Sheriff's Department (SDSO). Family of Man Shot by Deputy Files Lawsuit Against Sheriff's Dept.
The bodies of the two other victims who died, 63-year-old Jose Ponce Arreola and 36-year-old Quinnyon Wimberly, have not been removed from the building.
Quinnyon Wimberly II, the son of the elder Wimberly, filed a wrongful-death lawsuit on Monday, according to the.
NOLA Ready, the city's emergency preparedness agency,that the recovery efforts of the two victims is "top priority" and will begin as "as soon as it is safe to do so."
Mayor LaToya Cantrell's office did not immediately respond to ABC News as to when that would be.
Settlement reached in Antwon Rose wrongful death lawsuit .
In March, a jury found former East Pittsburgh Police Officer Michael Rosfeld not guilty of all charges in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Antwon Rose in June 2018. His family continued with a civil lawsuit that alleged Rose's civil rights were violated."The parties have settled the matter amicably" for an undisclosed amount, said Fred Rabner, an attorney for the Rose family. "It has been a great honor working towards achieving justice for the family and supporters of Antwon Rose II.