•   
  •   
  •   

US The Sante Fe High School massacre suspect isn't fit to stand trial and will get psychiatric treatment, attorney says

11:45  05 november  2019
11:45  05 november  2019 Source:   cnn.com

Lakewood Police Give Unauthorized Release, Then Re-Arrest Suspect

  Lakewood Police Give Unauthorized Release, Then Re-Arrest Suspect Lakewood Police Give Unauthorized Release, Then Re-Arrest SuspectChristopher Krost was in Lakewood police custody on petty theft charges on September 6. He was taken to a hospital for psychiatric treatment, according to Lakewood Police Chief Tim Malley. However, when his treatment was completed on September 30, he was given an unauthorized release.

— The Texas teen accused of killing 10 people at Santa Fe High School last year will be declared not competent to stand trial , his defense attorney said All three agreed that the teen is not competent to stand trial , attorney Nicholas Poehl said . The judge still needs to rule, but Poehl said he believes

Some students at Santa Fe High School had taken part in a protest after the Parkland shooting. On a cold Friday morning last month — the day of the National School Walkout — Kyle Harris and 11 other students had stood outside Santa Fe High hoping to spread their gun control message to their

The Texas teen accused of killing 10 people at Santa Fe High School last year will be declared not competent to stand trial, his defense attorney said Monday.

a person posing for the camera© Galveston County Sheriff's Office

Dimitrios Pagourtzis was evaluated by three experts: one hired by the defense, an independent expert and one chosen by state prosecutors. All three agreed that the teen is not competent to stand trial, attorney Nicholas Poehl said.

The judge still needs to rule, but Poehl said he believes that's basically a formality.

"The state had the option of putting this issue before a jury, but when their own expert agreed, the state very graciously agreed to not contest it," Poehl said.

Trial date set for man accused in 5 Medical Center rapes

  Trial date set for man accused in 5 Medical Center rapes A judge Wednesday set a January trial date for a San Antonio man accused of raping five women in the Medical Center area. Anton Harris is accused of raping five women, either at gun- or knifepoint, in and around the Medical Center area on the Northwest Side. San Antonio police have accused Harris of a crime spree that began in 2015 when he was 16 and ended in 2017 with his arrest, two days after he graduated from high school. He is charged inAnton Harris, shown in this Aug. 26 photo, is accused of raping five women. A judge has set a trial date of Jan. 21.

Nine students and a teacher were killed in a shooting Friday morning at Texas' Santa Fe High School , a law enforcement official said .

Governor Greg Abbott confirms the number of fatalities in a shooting at a high school about an hour south-east of Houston.

The Galveston County district attorney was not immediately available for comment.

Pagourtzis is accused of gunning down eight students and two teachers in May 2018 at the school, about 30 miles southeast of Houston.

Fellow students said Pagourtzis, who was 17 at the time, was quiet but not the kind of teen they thought would shoot up his school.

Authorities never released a motive behind the shooting.

But Sadie Baze, whose daughter Shana Fisher was killed in the attack, said she suspects Pagourtzis allegedly targeted Shana after she had rejected his advances for months.

A week before the shooting, Shana stood up to him in class to proclaim she would not go out with him, Baze said.

"One of the shotgun shells was for my daughter," Baze said days after the massacre.

In addition to the 10 victims killed, another 13 people were wounded.

But now that the suspect is considered not competent to stand trial, "he will be transferred to a state psychiatric hospital for treatment," his attorney said.

"The goal for that treatment is to restore him to competency."

About 120 to 180 days after treatment begins, Pagourtzis will be reevaluated to determine his competency status, Poehl said.

FBI, ATF, Sheriff’s Investigators Converge On Suspected Saugus High Shooter’s Home .
The area around Sycamore Creek and Mulberry Glen drives has not been shut down, but neighbors say they have seen all manner of law enforcement driving up and down the street Thursday morning, after the shooting at Saugus High School. Two students were killed in the shooting. The suspect, a 16-year-old Asian boy, is in custody but is being treated at a hospital after shooting himself in the head. He is in grave condition.The neighborhood is about a mile and a half away from Saugus High School.Agents from the FBI and ATF, along with investigators from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, were spotted at the home.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!