US: 1 dead, several ill after chemical accident at a Buffalo Wild Wings - - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

US 1 dead, several ill after chemical accident at a Buffalo Wild Wings

07:45  08 november  2019
07:45  08 november  2019 Source:   nbcnews.com

Buffalo Wild Wings reopens after manager is killed in chemical accident

  Buffalo Wild Wings reopens after manager is killed in chemical accident The Buffalo Wild Wings in Burlington reopened late Saturday morning after its general manager died Thursday evening in an accident involving cleaning chemicals, according to restaurant representatives. Ryan Baldera, 32, was overcome by the fumes and died after being rushed to Lahey Hospital, according to the Burlington Fire Department. Sign up for our Newsletters A friend told NewsCenter 5 that Baldera was married last year and was the father of a newborn baby.His family described him as a "beloved husband, father, son, brother, and cherished uncle, nephew, and son-in-law to his close knit family and friends" in a statement they released Friday night.

One person is dead after a chemical accident occurred at a Buffalo Wild Wings location Thursday in Burlington, Massachusetts, according to NBC Boston. Authorities in Burlington are calling it a Tier 1 hazmat incident after a chemical mixture killed one worker and sickened eight others.

Buffalo Wild Wings workers fired after asking minorities to move for another customer. Goldman chiefs comment on Buffalo Wild Wings insider — Massachusetts authorities say a Buffalo Wild Wings employee has died and eight others have been hospitalized following a chemical mixture at

One person was killed and 10 other people were sickened in a chemical accident at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant Thursday in Burlington, Massachusetts, authorities said.

a young boy is dressed in a costume: Hazardous materials technicians and officials at a Buffalo Wild Wings location in Burlington, Massachusetts, where an employee died after being exposed to a strong cleaning agent.© NBC Boston Hazardous materials technicians and officials at a Buffalo Wild Wings location in Burlington, Massachusetts, where an employee died after being exposed to a strong cleaning agent.

A restaurant employee was rushed to a hospital after being exposed to sodium hypochlorite, a powerful cleaning agent, and died shortly thereafter, Michael Patterson, assistant chief of the Burlington Fire Department, told reporters Thursday night. The worker told firefighters who arrived on the scene that he was feeling nauseated after breathing in fumes.

Buffalo Wild Wings fires workers allegedly involved in racist incident

  Buffalo Wild Wings fires workers allegedly involved in racist incident Multi-racial group of 18 in Naperville, Illinois eatery was allegedly asked to move tables to get farther from frequent diner who was "racist"She was part of a group of 12 children and six adults who went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Naperville on Saturday after the children's basketball game.

An employee of a Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts died and 10 others were hospitalized Thursday night after being exposed to a floor cleaner "We are shocked and saddened to learn of this tragic accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the

One person has died following a chemical incident at a Buffalo Wild Wings . Eight others have been hospitalized following reports of a chemical reaction. Police are urging anyone who was inside at the time and believes they may be impacted to seek immediate medical treatment.

"Anyone who was in the restaurant at the time and believes they may be impacted by the incident should seek medical treatment immediately," the fire department said in a statement.

Two customers and eight other employees were treated at hospitals, Patterson said. They were believed to have not been seriously stricken, he said.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news

"What we believe happened is a worker at Buffalo Wild Wings used a cleaning agent on the floor. The cleaning agent is Super 8. The chemical definition or chemical identification is sodium hypochlorite," Patterson said. "What sodium hypochlorite is a high concentration of chlorine."

The building was evacuated at about 6 p.m. for a Tier 1 hazmat incident, Patterson said.

The fire department that there was no active threat to public safety and that the investigation was ongoing. It said the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration had been notified.

Buffalo Wild Wings said in a statement Thursday evening that it was referring questions to local authorities.

"We are shocked and saddened to learn of this horrific accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation," the company said.

Zimbabwe says 200 elephants have now died amid drought .
More than 200 elephants have died amid a severe drought, Zimbabwe's parks agency said on Tuesday, and a mass relocation of animals is planned to ease congestion. Zimbabwe National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority spokesman Tinashe Farawo said at least 200 elephants have died in vast Hwange National Park alone since October and other parks are affected. Zimbabwe National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority spokesman Tinashe Farawo said at least 200 elephants have died in vast Hwange National Park alone since October and other parks are affected.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 14
This is interesting!