US: 3 students' attack plot foiled against a middle school, governor says - - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

US 3 students' attack plot foiled against a middle school, governor says

21:35  08 november  2019
21:35  08 november  2019 Source:   abcnews.go.com

Family of boy killed in Moreno Valley school fight files wrongful death claim against school district

  Family of boy killed in Moreno Valley school fight files wrongful death claim against school district Family of boy killed in Moreno Valley school fight files wrongful death claim against school districtStolz parents claim the school district has a long history of student altercations on its campus and failed to take bullying complaints made by the family seriously as well failing to enforce anti-bullying policies to protect its students.

An alleged plan by three students to attack an upstate New York middle school has been foiled, according to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

a sign on the side of a road: In this undated file photo, Albion Central School in Albion, New York is shown.© Google Maps Street View In this undated file photo, Albion Central School in Albion, New York is shown.

The alleged threat was at Albion Middle School in Albion, New York, located about 35 miles west of Rochester.

The plot, which "was determined to be credible," was stopped on Thursday by school officials and authorities, according to a Friday statement from the governor.

California boy, 13, complained of bullying at school days before fatal sucker punch, attorney says

  California boy, 13, complained of bullying at school days before fatal sucker punch, attorney says A 13-year-old boy who died last month after he was sucker-punched by classmates had complained of bullying to an administrator at his Southern California middle school days before the alleged assault, a lawyer representing his family said on Tuesday. © Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times MORENO VALLEY, CA, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2019 -- Landmark Middle School classmates weep as they talk about Diego, a 13-year old who was died after an apparent bullying attack on campus more than a week ago. Thousands attended the memorial service at Landmark Middle School.

"The agencies worked quickly to investigate and identify the suspects," Cuomo said.

(MORE: 20 years after Columbine, what's changed -- and what hasn't -- for school shootings in America)

While Cuomo's statement did not elaborate on the threat, school and law enforcement officials had been investigating reports that middle school students "shared inappropriate and threatening messages and images" through the messaging app Discord, Albion Central School District Superintendent Michael Bonnewell said in a Wednesday letter.

The students involved "have been removed from school pending the completion of the investigation and disciplinary and other corrective action to ensure the safety of our students," said the superintendent.

Student In Police Custody After Firearm Confiscated At Thompson Middle School

  Student In Police Custody After Firearm Confiscated At Thompson Middle School A firearm was confiscated from a student at Thompson Middle School Monday morning. © Provided by CBS Broadcasting Inc. Superintendent of Schools, Jeff Irvin sent a letter home to parents telling them administrators and police took the weapon from the student who’s currently in custody.

(MORE: 14-year-old Florida boy arrested after threatening mass shooting at school, police say)

Cuomo warned that "any person posing a threat to our schools will face the harshest possible penalty under the law - whether or not they intend to actually execute that threat."

"School and police officials across this state continue to be on high alert and I encourage anyone who notices any unusual or suspicious behavior to report it to school administrators and law enforcement right away," Cuomo said.

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.

Saugus High School, where Calif. shooting occurred, will remain closed until Dec. 2 .
 Saugus High School, where two students were fatally shot and three others wounded last week, will remain closed until Dec. 2, the William S. Hart Union School District announced. Students of the Santa Clarita campus will be allowed to retrieve their belongings from 10 a.m.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 5
This is interesting!