US: Missing sailboat with 3 people from Maine found safe after sparking massive search, crew to continue journey - - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

US Missing sailboat with 3 people from Maine found safe after sparking massive search, crew to continue journey

22:15  19 november  2019
22:15  19 november  2019 Source:   foxnews.com

US Coast Guard is searching for two missing boaters after a storm capsized their vessel

  US Coast Guard is searching for two missing boaters after a storm capsized their vessel A search is underway for two missing boaters after a storm capsized a vessel off the southeastern coast of Florida on Friday, the US Coast Guard said. A survivor told rescue crews that after their vessel capsized, he swam for help while the other two boaters stayed with life jackets on, the US Coast Guard said in a press release.He was rescued on Sunday by a good Samaritan vessel near Biscayne Bay, the Coast Guard said, and is receiving medical care at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Three people on board a 40-foot sailboat that was reported missing over the weekend off the coast of Maine and sparked a massive search established communications with the U.S. Coast Guard on Monday and are continuing on their journey, officials said.

a small boat in a body of water© Provided by Fox News Network LLC

The U.S. Coast Guard had been searching since Saturday for Charlotte Kirby, Nathaniel Davis and Wilfredo Lombardo, who were aboard the 40-foot sailboat named Dove. The boat was last known to be about 20 miles south of Mount Desert Island, where the famed Acadia National Park and seaside hamlet town of Bar Harbor are located.

Unidentified remains found in woods during search for missing 5-year-old

  Unidentified remains found in woods during search for missing 5-year-old The search for Taylor Rose Williams, 5, began in Jacksonville on Wednesday. The identity of the remains have not been determined, said police in Demopolis, Alabama.

The Coast Guard said that dispatchers on the mainland received a 911 call at about 3 a.m. from passengers on the boat that warned they were in distress. By Monday afternoon, the Coast Guard said on Twitter that they established communications with the boat and confirmed those on board were not in distress.

“With outstanding coordination and cooperation with the families, we were able to confirm their loved ones are not in distress and are continuing their journey south,” said Cmdr. Kelly Denning, search and rescue mission coordinator with the First Coast Guard District.

MISSING SAILBOAT WITH 3 PEOPLE OFF MAINE COAST SPARKS MASSIVE SEARCH BY COAST GUARD

Teams find human remains in Alabama during search for missing 5-year-old Jacksonville girl

  Teams find human remains in Alabama during search for missing 5-year-old Jacksonville girl Human remains have been found in a wooded area between Demopolis and Linden, Ala., where the mother of missing 5-year-old Taylor Rose Williams is from, according to police officials there. This is the area where a multi-agency investigative team assembled this week to continue the search for the Jacksonville girl who was reported missing early Wednesday by her mother, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said.Demopolis police say identification of the remains is pending. Teams from their office as well as the FBI, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and Fire and Rescue Department, Alabama Attorney Generals Office and others contributed to the findings.

After the call was placed over the weekend, the Coast Guard said that rescue crews from Station Southwest Harbor, Air Station Cape Cod, and the Canadian Coast Guard responded to the area to assist.

By Sunday, rescue aircrews had searched 2,700 square nautical miles for the boat with an HC-144 Ocean Sentry airplane from Air Station Cape Cod.

The Coast Guard had shared photos on Twitter of Charlotte Kirby and Nathaniel Davis as part of the search efforts.

But on Monday, Coast Guard Operations Unit Controller Chris Berry told the Portland Press Herald that one of the boaters made cellphone contact with a family member.

“They found themselves,” Berry said. “They started answering their phone. One of them called or texted their parents in reply to their parents’ texts and said they were fine, were off Montauk, and were continuing their trip south.”

VIRGINIA CRASH INVOLVING CHARTER BUS, TRACTOR-TRAILER THAT INJURED DOZENS BLAMED ON FOG, ICY CONDITIONS

Search continues for Bridgeton girl missing for almost 2 months

  Search continues for Bridgeton girl missing for almost 2 months This weekend will mark two months since a 5-year-old Bridgeton girl went missing while playing in the city park. There is still no sign of the child, although authorities continue their search and her family continues to hang on to hope she'll be found safe. Local interest has waned a bit since Dulce Maria Alavez vanished from the playground on a warm September day. But her story has spread by way of social media across the United States. Family and friends are doing what they can to help and keep their spirits up as days go by with no new information from federal, state and local law enforcement.

Officials initially said that someone in the phone call asked for help, but Coast Guard spokeswoman Petty Officer Nicole Groll told the Press Herald on Monday that no one actually said the word "help" before the call cut out.

The sailboat's home port is John Williams Boat Company on Mount Desert Island, and the ship departed from the Somes Sound before the call was made. On Saturday, the area where rescuers were searching saw 5-foot seas with 20-knot winds, according to the Coast Guard. The air temperature hovered around 34 degrees, with a water temperature of 52 degrees.

Officials have not said what triggered the phone call to 911. Wilfredo Lombardo's mother, Anita Lombardo, told the newspaper her son was friends with Davis and they were headed for Florida, adding that the last few days have left then "a mess."

Lombardo's stepfather, Sam Holland, said they were "breathing again" but also felt some anger over whatever happened out at sea over the past few days.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

“Now I’m mad. Now I want some answers," he told the Press Herald. "I want to know what the hell happened."

Search for hiker, 19, believed to have fallen turns up body .
The body was found below Angels Landing, a "strenuous" 5.4 mile trail with a tall rock formation, in the national park in Utah.A body was found Thursday below Angels Landing, a trail with a tall rock formation, the National Park Service said in a press release. The female hiker was reported missing around 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday and a search team began looking for her Thursday morning.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 18
This is interesting!