•   
  •   
  •   

US Santa Clarita shooting: Students return to Saugus High School to retrieve belongings

02:40  20 november  2019
02:40  20 november  2019 Source:   abc7.com

Santa Clarita students made an active shooter video. Two months later, they took shelter in fear

  Santa Clarita students made an active shooter video. Two months later, they took shelter in fear A shooting at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita Thursday morning is raising questions about school security measures.“We were just preparing for the worst, but we never thought anything would occur in a suburb like Santa Clarita. It’s such a lovely place,” Mims told USA TODAY in a phone interview.

On November 14, 2019, at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita , California, United States, a student with a pistol, identified as 16-year-old Nathaniel Berhow, shot five schoolmates, killing two, before killing himself.

Saugus High School students returned to campus briefly on Tuesday to retrieve their belongings for the first time since last week's mass shooting . Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience

Students of Saugus High School returned to campus briefly on Tuesday for the first time since the shooting that claimed the lives of two students and the gunman and left three others injured.

Students were allowed to access the building for about two hours to retrieve belongings that had been abandoned amid the chaos of Thursday's shooting.

A 16-year-old student, Nathaniel Tennosuke Berhow, pulled a handgun from his backpack and opened fire on classmates in the quad before turning the gun on himself, investigators say.

Santa Clarita shooting: What we know about the Saugus High School suspected gunman, victims

  Santa Clarita shooting: What we know about the Saugus High School suspected gunman, victims Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, near Los Angeles, will remain closed Friday as authorities continue their investigation of a deadly shooting.The suspect shot himself in the head with his last bullet during the 16-second attack on Thursday morning, said Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva, and was in "grave" condition, according to law enforcement officials.

Shoot of Prabhas' next film 'Jaan' postponed - TV9 - Продолжительность: 1:43 TV9 Entertainment Recommended for you. Pawan Kalyan’s children study in Telugu medium school ?

SANTA CLARITA — Saugus High School students will be allowed back on campus today — Tuesday, Nov. “ Students are welcome to come on to campus to retrieve belongings from 10 a.m. (to) noon,” according to a statement from William S. Hart Union High School District Deputy

Two students were killed at the scene and Berhow died the next day from his self-inflicted gunshot to the head. Three other students were wounded.

An emotional vigil held Sunday remembered the two teenagers killed in the shooting, 15-year-old Gracie Muehlberger and 14-year-old Dominic Blackwell.

As students and parents arrived at the school on Tuesday, many left flowers and other items at a memorial outside the school. Students said amid the trauma of the last few days it was good to reconnect with some of their classmates on campus.

"I think I'm just nervous for the kids," said parent Sarah Acosta. "I think they lost a little of their innocence through this whole thing. The fact that they have to look over their shoulder - it just makes me sad and angry. I don't want to leave her side."

Saugus High School is expected to remain closed until Dec. 2, but the 15 other schools in the William S. Hart Union High School District reopened on Monday.

The district is providing counseling, emotional support and other activities at Saugus High School on Wednesday and Thursday.

In deciding how long to keep Saugus High School closed, the district looked to the experience of other schools throughout the country that have experienced mass shootings and decided two weeks was the appropriate amount of time.

Santa Clarita shooting: Weapon used in Saugus High attack a 'ghost gun,' sheriff says .
The gun used in last week's shooting at Saugus High School was assembled from parts, a so-called ghost gun without a registration number, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva confirmed Thursday. Sheriff's homicide detectives are trying to determine who built the .45-caliber handgun, a 1911-model pistol. The weapon included a partially built receiver, meaning it did not contain a serial number.Police and witnesses say 16-year-old Nathan Berhow came to school the morning of Nov. 14, removed the handgun from his backpack and opened fire in the Santa Clarita high school quad.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!