•   
  •   
  •   

US Brush fire near Santa Barbara threatens homes and triggers evacuations

20:15  26 november  2019
20:15  26 november  2019 Source:   usatoday.com

Detectives probe how teen got gun as California community mourns

  Detectives probe how teen got gun as California community mourns As Santa Clarita mourned the two students killed in the shooting at Saugus High School, law enforcement authorities tried to uncover a motive for the attack and how the shooter obtained the gun he used. Throughout the day and into Friday night, residents, students and families came together around a makeshift memorial in Central Park, a short walk from the school.

The Cave Fire near Santa Barbara , California, has spread to more than six miles but conditions have improved. Firefighters struggled to contain a burgeoning wildfire near Santa Barbara , California, on Tuesday, hoping to get help from a change in the weather that could also bring its own element of

A brush fire that started in the Santa Ynez Mountains of Santa Barbara County, Calif., had burned at least 4,262 acres as of Tuesday afternoon, prompting the county to declare an emergency and order some residents to evacuate , according to the authorities. So far, no homes have been destroyed and

Evacuations orders remain in effect Tuesday for a brush fire that started near the town of Goleta north of Santa Barbara, California, triggering evacuations and threatening homes.

a rainbow in front of a sunset: A brush fire erupted east of Highway 154 in the Painted Cave area late Monday afternoon, prompting evacuations there. © CONTRIBUTED PHOTO/SANTA BARBARA COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMENT A brush fire erupted east of Highway 154 in the Painted Cave area late Monday afternoon, prompting evacuations there.

As many as 6,300 people were forced to leave the area as the blaze grew to about 6 square miles with no containment Tuesday morning.

No structures had been destroyed and no injuries reported, said Mike Eliason, a spokesman for the Santa Barbara County Fire Department.

Australian man accused of starting bushfire to protect cannabis crop

  Australian man accused of starting bushfire to protect cannabis crop An Australian man has been accused of deliberately lighting a fire to protect his cannabis crop, sparking an out-of-control bushfire as blazes rage along the country's east coast. Four people have been killed and more than 300 homes destroyed in devastating bushfires that have razed more than one million hectares (2.5 million acres) along the eastern seaboard in just over a week. Police said a 51-year-old man appeared before a local court on Saturday charged with intentionally lighting a fire at Ebor in New South Wales state in an attempt to protect his cannabis crop.

No homes had been lost and there were no injuries, Eliason tweeted. The fire was mainly burning through dry, brushy canyons and ridges of the Santa Ynez Mountains but evacuations were ordered in populated foothill areas. Firefighters battle flames along Highway 154 near Santa Barbara , Calif

Fire ripped through brush and woodland on hills above Santa Barbara , California, early on Tuesday, causing authorities to order more than 2,000 residents Mandatory evacuation orders covered some 2,400 homes , the Los Angeles Times reported. A single outbuilding was the only property damaged

About 600 firefighters had been assigned to the blaze called the Cave Fire.

The fire started late Monday afternoon in Los Padres National Forest and had grown to an estimated 4.9 square miles as of Monday night, according to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department. Gusty winds blew up fire activity as the blaze moved toward city limits.

By Tuesday morning, the winds died down and humidity increased to help with the fire fight. According to the National Weather Service, morning winds of 10 mph are expected to drop off in the afternoon Tuesday. Rain is expected to arrive at the Central Coast after midnight and before dawn.

The fire was mainly burning in the forest but evacuations were ordered north of Cathedral Oaks in Goleta in the foothills.

Thousands gather at vigil in Santa Clarita, Calif., to remember school shooting victims

  Thousands gather at vigil in Santa Clarita, Calif., to remember school shooting victims SANTA CLARITA, Calif. - Thousands of Santa Clarita residents gathered for a candlelight vigil Sunday night - an evening of memories, music and worship - to honor the two students killed in the shooting at Saugus High School. © Carolyn Cole/Los Angeles Times/TNS Students say the Pledge of Allegience as thousands gather at Central Park in Santa Clarita to remember those killed (two plus the shooter) and wounded in the Saugus High School shooting on Nov. 17 2019.

The fire was a threat to an estimated 2,400 structures, the Santa Barbara County fire spokesman said. The US National Weather Service said rain The fire was mainly burning through dry, brushy canyons and ridges of the Santa Ynez Mountains but evacuations were ordered in populated foothill

Flames ripped through brush and woodland on hills above the Californian city of Santa Barbara early on Tuesday. The blaze dubbed the “cave fire ”, started near East Camino Cielo and Painted Cave Road in the forest. Firefighters from neighboring areas are in Santa Barbara attempting to help local

As the firefight worsened Tuesday, the county's director of emergency services declared a state of emergency. 

a close up of a map: SOURCE Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Management, as of Nov. 26;© Mapcreator.io | © OSM.org © USA TODAY SOURCE Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Management, as of Nov. 26;© Mapcreator.io | © OSM.org

The Cave Fire caused traffic nightmares in some areas as flames marched closer to city limits Monday night. 

Residents trying to evacuate down San Marcos Road were blocked around 7 p.m. by cars clogging Cathedral Oaks as people tried to take pictures, California Highway Patrol reports showed. Because Highway 154 was closed, evacuees had to come down old San Marcos, officials said.

Gretchen Wenner covers breaking news for the Ventura County Star. Reach her at gretchen.wenner@vcstar.com or 805-437-0270.

This article originally appeared on Ventura County Star: Brush fire near Santa Barbara threatens homes and triggers evacuations

Sadie Robertson Shares Photos from Honeymoon: 'It’s Only Week 1 But Marriage Is Awesome' .
Sadie Robertson Shares Photos from Honeymoon : 'It’s Only Week 1 But Marriage Is Awesome' One week after marrying fiancé Christian Huff on her family’s Louisiana farm on Nov. 25, the Duck Dynasty star shared a collection of photos from the couple’s beach honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas. In the first photo, Robertson, 22, and a shirtless Huff pose barefoot in the sand, while the second photo shows Huff enjoying quesadillas and chips and salsa on the beach.“I know it’s only week 1 but marriage is awesome,” the reality star wrote in the caption of her post.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!