Boy killed when car strikes group of children outside British school
British police launched a murder investigation on Monday after a 12-year-old boy was killed and five others were injured when a car struck a group of children outside a school in southern England. Police said the they were called to reports that a number of pedestrians had been hurt following the incident which involved a silver Ford Ka.The 12-year-old boy was taken to hospital where he died. A 53-year-old woman and four other children - three boys, two aged 15 and a 13-year-old and a girl, 16 - were also hurt but their injuries were not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Children ' s Health is a top pediatric hospital in the nation, and our Dallas children ' s medical center provides comprehensive care to children in North Texas. Licensed for 490 beds, the inpatient portion of our hospital provides patients and families with comfort and conveniences during their stay.
Children ' s Medical Center Dallas is the main hospital campus of Children ' s Health, the only academic healthcare system in Dallas -Fort Worth dedicated solely to the comprehensive care of children from
Children's Medical Center Dallas last week relocated 28 patients after routine air tests showed higher-than-normal levels of Aspergillus and Penicillium molds, according to Virginia Hock, a Children's Health spokesperson.
When mold results were identified on December 4, patients were moved from the cardiac intensive care unit at Children's Medical Center Dallas to other parts of the facility "out of an abundance of caution," Hock said.
No patients have become infected and none have experienced any health effects as a result of the mold, Hock said. Aspergillus and Penicillium are common indoor molds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but mold can be dangerous for people with weakened immune systems or lung disease.
Hospitals Sue Trump to Keep Negotiated Prices Secret
The nation’s hospital groups sued the Trump administration on Wednesday over a new federal rule that would require them to disclose the discounted prices they give insurers for all sorts of procedures. © Hilary Swift for The New York Times The hospital groups argue in their lawsuit that the rule will not accomplish the administration’s aim of helping consumers avoid surprise bills. The hospitals, including the American Hospital Association, argued in a lawsuit filed in United States District Court in Washington that the new rule “is unlawful, several times over.
Prompt Ambulance relocates patients into the new Porter Regional Hospital www.promptambulance.com.
Texas Children ' s Hospital , located in Houston, Texas, is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to create a healthier future Gait Lab - Texas Children ' s Hospital The Woodlands. Tricuspid Atresia: Catheter Balloon Septostomy. Jordin Sparks on Her Personal Connection to Sickle Cell Disease.
"We proactively took steps to reduce any potential patient risk," Hock said.
Hock said no previous tests at Children's Medical Center Dallas showed mold outside the expected ranges. There is an ongoing investigation into last week's test results.
Other hospitals have struggled with mold. Seattle Children's Hospital shut down its operating rooms twice in 2019 after air tests detected Aspergillus mold in the air. One patient died and six more were sickened. Between 2001 and 2014, seven patients there developed the same infection and five of those children died, Seattle Children's CEO Dr. Jeff Sperring said in November.
Former nurse accused of secretly recording hundreds of patients at Carlisle hospital .
A Franklin County man, who was a former nurse at a Carlisle hospital, is now facing nearly 400 new charges for secretly videotaping hundreds of patients. According to a release from the Office of the Attorney General, Michael Bragg is accused of secretly videotaping 206 patients in various stages of undress, including nearly two dozen minors. Investigators say Bragg also sexually assaulted a nude, intubated, and unconscious woman in the emergency room of UPMC Carlisle, along with inappropriately touching another emergency room patient.