Pearl Harbor victim reburied decades after being killed in attack
A U.S. sailor who died on a battleship that sank during the attack on Pearl Harbor was reportedly buried Thursday with full military honors. The remains of Wallace Eakes, who served on the USS Oklahoma when he was 22 years old, were buried at Colorado’s Fort Logan National Cemetery after being positively identified in 2017 by the Department of Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, The Associated Press reported.Eakes’ previously unidentified remains had reportedly been buried once before at Honolulu’s National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.
-Masafumi Nagasaki 82 had moved to Sotobanari in the countrys chain of islands near Taiwan in 1989 and spent his years there living naked among the surf and
Japanese 82 - year - old who has lived naked on island for decades . Masafumi Nagasaki, 82 , had moved to Sotobanari, in the country's chain of Masafumi Nagasaki was forced back into civilization after living on a secluded island for 29 years . (News.com.au) An elderly Japanese man who has .
The wish of a Japanese octogenarian to die on the desert island he called home for 29 years has been castaway by authorities who will not let him return.
Masafumi Nagasaki, 82, had moved to Sotobanari, in the country's chain of islands near Taiwan, in 1989 and spent his years there living naked among the surf and sand.
He became known to the world as the "naked hermit" in 2012, when he told"I don't do what society tells me, but I do follow the rules of the natural world. You can't beat nature so you just have to obey it completely."
Nagasaki, who makes a weekly hour-long boat journey to another island for supplies, had survived a typhoon earlier during his stay after he retired from a life in the entertainment industry.
Possible migrant site minutes from former internment camp
Nearly 75 years after federal officials shuttered a Japanese-American internment camp in Rowher, Arkansas, the Trump administration is examining a site about 2 miles away as a potential temporary shelter for immigrant children. The Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that the government is considering an unused Department of Agriculture property in nearby Kelso as an immigrant shelter, as well as a possible shelter at Little Rock Air Force Base. Unlike at the base, the site in Kelso has very little infrastructure and would require tents for housing, said Democratic state Rep. Mark McElroy, who is "adamantly against" the proposal.
Masafumi Nagasaki has lived on his island near Taiwan for nearly 30 years before someone The wish of a Japanese octogenarian to die on the desert island he called home for 29 years has been “They called the police and they took him back to civilization and that’s it. He couldn’t even fight
An elderly Japanese man who has lived naked on a secluded island for 29 years – only venturing out for water, rice cakes and supplies once a week – has been forced back into civilization . Masafumi Nagasaki, 82 , ventured to the island of Sotobanari, in the Yaeyama Islands near Taiwan
After first thinking he would only spend a year or two, he dedicated himself to the spot and even said in 2012 that he wanted to spend his last days there.
"I've already told my family I will die here. My wish is to die here without bothering anyone I want to be killed by a typhoon so that nobody can try to save me," he said in a video for island vacation company.
However, Alvaro Cerezo, who met Nagasaki for the video, toldthat he was taken away last month after "someone saw him on the island and it seems like he was weak."
"They called the police and they took him back to civilization and that's it. He couldn't even fight back because he was weak. They won't allow him to return," he said, adding that Nagasaki is now living in a government house in a nearby city.
Nagasaki had previously told Cezero on his island that he "will never move from here even if the world changes" though the filmmaker said that it is unlikely authorities will ever let him go back to his longtime home.
Former Fox News executive joins Trump staff .
Former Fox News executive Bill Shine is officially joining the White House. President Donald Trump is announcing Shine, the former co-president of the president's preferred television channel, as his deputy chief of staff for communications. His expected hiring had reported last week.The White House says Shine "brings over two decades of television programming, communications, and management experience to the role."His hiring comes as Trump is increasingly putting his stamp on the West Wing, as aides with more traditional experience leave the administration.