World: 6 appear in court on charges they sent mosque attack images - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

World6 appear in court on charges they sent mosque attack images

11:35  15 april  2019
11:35  15 april  2019 Source:   msn.com

Attorney Avenatti faces new criminal charges in California

Attorney Avenatti faces new criminal charges in California Federal prosecutors say attorney Michael Avenatti has been charged in a 36-count federal indictment in Southern California.A statement from prosecutors to news outlets says details of the case will be released Thursday morning by U.S. Attorney Nick Hanna and the Internal Revenue Service.The new charges follow Avenatti's arrest in New York last month for allegedly trying to shake down Nike for up to $25 million and on two counts of wire and bank fraud from Southern California, where his firm is based. The attorney is best known for representing porn actress Stormy Daniels in lawsuits against President Donald Trump. Avenatti has said he expects to be cleared.

New Zealand mosque attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appeared before the court briefly. Australian-born 28-year-old Tarrant stood in the dock wearing handcuffs.

Children are among the 49 killed in yesterday’s terrorist attacks on two mosques in Christchurch, prime minister Jacinda Ardern has said. A 28-year-old Australian man, Brenton Tarrant, has appeared in court on Saturday morning charged with murder. No application for bail was made and he is due to

6 appear in court on charges they sent mosque attack images© 2019 Getty Images CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND - APRIL 05: Armed police officers are seen in front of Christchurch High Court on April 05, 2019 in Christchurch, New Zealand. Accused gunman Brenton Harrison Tarrant is facing 50 murder charges and 39 attempted murder charges after allegedly opening fire at Al Noor Mosque and the Linwood Islamic Centre in Christchurch on March 15. Fifty people were killed, and dozens were injured in what is the worst mass shooting in New Zealand's history. Tarrant will appear via video link from New Zealand's only maximum security prison in Paremoremo, Auckland. Justice Cameron Mander declined all media requests to film or photograph proceedings in court. (Photo by Kai Schwoerer/Getty Images) WELLINGTON, New Zealand — Six people appeared in a New Zealand court Monday on charges they illegally redistributed the video a gunman livestreamed as he shot worshippers at two mosques last month.

New Zealand inquiry to report back by end of year on lead up to Christchurch attacks

New Zealand inquiry to report back by end of year on lead up to Christchurch attacks New Zealand inquiry to report back by end of year on lead up to Christchurch attacks

He will appear in court on Saturday morning. He was at the Linwood mosque ’s Friday prayer service when the shooting began, and hit the floor as women around him rose up and screamed at the gunmen An image of hope: how a Christchurch photographer captured the famous Ardern picture.

The Christchurch mosque shootings were two consecutive terrorist attacks at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, during Friday Prayer on 15 charged with inciting racial disharmony under the Human Rights Act, and was due to appear in court on 18 March.[331] He was accused of

Christchurch District Court Judge Stephen O'Driscoll denied bail to businessman Philip Arps and an 18-year-old suspect who both were taken into custody in March. The four others are not in custody.

The charge of supplying or distributing objectionable material carries a penalty of up to 14 years imprisonment. Arps, 44, is scheduled to next appear in court via video link on April 26.

The 18-year-old suspect is charged with sharing the livestream video and a still image of the Al Noor mosque with the words "target acquired." He will reappear in court on July 31 when electronically monitored bail will be considered.

Police prosecutor Pip Currie opposed bail for the 18-year-old suspect and said the second charge, involving the words added to the still image, was of significant concern.

New Zealand's chief censor has banned both the livestreamed footage of the attack and the manifesto written and released by Brenton Harrison Tarrant, who faces 50 murder charges and 39 attempted murder charges in the March 15 attacks.

City sues 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett over costs of police work despite dismissal of charges.
Outgoing Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration says it went to court Thursday to try to force Jussie Smollett to pay Chicago back for an alleged hate crime hoax even though Cook County prosecutors dropped all charges against the “Empire” actor. The lawsuit, filed in Circuit Court, comes after Smollett failed to pony up for the costs of the police investigation by a deadline imposed by the city. The city said he owes $130,106 — the cost of the police overtime hours expended in the investigation into his allegations. The upcoming battle in civil court promises in many ways to mirror the criminal charges against Smollett that were abruptly dismissed by prosecutors last month.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!