•   
  •   
  •   

WorldChina warns tech giants after US Huawei ban: Report

09:10  09 june  2019
09:10  09 june  2019 Source:   msn.com

Huawei strips back production of phones amid US crackdown, report says

Huawei strips back production of phones amid US crackdown, report says Foxconn has received fewer orders for Huawei phones, the South China Morning Post reports.

The United States has accused Huawei of stealing trade secrets and conducting surveillance on behalf of Beijing. Details about the meetings, the latest move in A version of this article appears in print on , on Page A16 of the New York edition with the headline: China Warns Tech Giants to Defy Trump Ban .

US restrictions won’t hurt Chinese telecom giant Huawei much, as it has long been prepared for it, CEO Ren He added that the tech firm will advance by developing its own chips to lessen the impact of the ban on The statement comes shortly after Huawei ’s chipset subsidiary, HiSilicon, said that it

China warns tech giants after US Huawei ban: Report© Hector RETAMAL The warning to tech companies followed US President Donald Trump's move last month to blacklist Huawei over national security concerns

The Chinese government convened top tech companies this week and warned them of consequences if they cut off technology sales to the country, US media reported on Saturday.

The meeting followed US President Donald Trump's move last month to blacklist Chinese tech giant Huawei over national security concerns, threatening the firm's global ambitions and ramping up the months-long trade battle between the two countries.

Tech group eases stance on Huawei as Beijing lashes back

Tech group eases stance on Huawei as Beijing lashes back The world's largest association of technology professionals has reversed a decision that would have excluded employees of Chinese tech giant Huawei and its affiliates from some editorial and peer review activities. (AP Photo/Ng Han Guan) BEIJING — The world's largest association of technology professionals backed away from barring staff of Chinese tech giant Huawei from some of its activities as Beijing fired back at the U.S. over the two nations' trade dispute.

BEIJING: China warned the United States on Thursday against further harming trade ties after President Donald Trump effectively barred Chinese telecom giant Huawei from the US market, escalating tensions between the world’s top economic powerhouses. At the same time, Beijing’s

“I can tell you, after the Huawei events, all the Chinese money into Silicon Valley stops. And no US money will want to invest into China either,” Zhu Min told The Chinese telecoms giant , which last year even beat US -based rival Apple to become the world’s second-largest smartphone maker, has

Earlier this week, the Chinese government summoned executives from American firms Dell and Microsoft and South Korea's Samsung, among others, to warn them that any moves to ramp down their businesses in China may lead to retaliation, The New York Times reported.

American companies were told "that the Trump administration's move to cut off Chinese companies from American technology had disrupted the global supply chain, adding that companies that followed the policy could face permanent consequences," the newspaper reported.

Companies based outside the United States were told that as long as they maintained business as usual, they wouldn't be punished, the newspaper reported.

Last Friday, Facebook announced it would cut Huwaei off from its popular social networking app to comply with the US sanctions, further isolating the company that has become the world's second-largest smartphone vendor.

Google made a similar announcement in May.

Washington and Beijing resumed their trade battle last month when negotiations in the US ended without a deal and US President Donald Trump raised tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods.

Beijing retaliated with its own tariff hike on billions of dollars worth of US goods.

The US move to cut Huawei off from American hardware came next, but was delayed by 90 days to prevent economic disruptions.

Read More

Huawei delayed the Mate X, but it just patented another foldable phone.
Huawei, the beleaguered Chinese consumer electronics giant that President Trump put on a US blacklist, just pushed back the launch of its much anticipated Mate X foldable phone from this month to September. The company said it wants to spend more time putting the device through rigorous testing, one more complication that comes at a time when Huawei is trying to figure out a way forward since the US ban will eventually cut it off from doing business with Google — and, most critically, accessing Google’s Android mobile OS.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!