•   
  •   
  •   

WorldFamily Alleges Carnival Wouldn’t Let Dying Man Get Off Ship

08:15  13 june  2019
08:15  13 june  2019 Source:   bloomberg.com

Venice cruise ship crash sparks protests, backlash

Venice cruise ship crash sparks protests, backlash After an out-of-control liner crashes into a dock, injuring 5, protesters express anger against massive tourist ships posing hazards to safety, lagoon's ecosystem

(ANDY NEWMAN/ Carnival Cruise Lines). The fatal falls of two Carnival cruise passengers in less than a Three people were also believed to have been killed aboard cruises, including the alleged murder of Cruise ship deaths receive a large amount of media attention as those celebrating holidays.

Carnival Cruise Line, the world’s largest cruise operator, is being sued by the family of a 65-year-old passenger who died after allegedly not being allowed off the ship to receive medical treatment for a heart attack. The ship lacked adequate medical facilities, the suit alleges . According to the lawsuit

Family Alleges Carnival Wouldn’t Let Dying Man Get Off Ship© Bloomberg The Carnival Corp. Valor cruise ship sits docked at the Port of Galveston in Galveston, Texas, U.S., on Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017. The U.S. Census Bureau is scheduled to release international trade balance figures on March 7.

(Bloomberg) -- The family of Jeffrey Eisenman, a 65-year-old passenger on the Carnival Sunrise, alleges in a lawsuit that the world’s largest cruise company wouldn’t let him off of the ship after suffering a heart attack last December. Eisenman died on the way to another port.

A representative for Carnival said the cruise operator was looking into the matter and didn’t have an immediate comment.

A Former Hotel Partner Alleges the Trumps Evaded Taxes in Panama

A Former Hotel Partner Alleges the Trumps Evaded Taxes in Panama The owners of a luxury hotel in Panama City that ousted the Trump Organization as property managers last year accused it on Monday of evading taxes in Panama and creating a “false light” around the hotel’s finances. The accusations, made in a legal filing in Manhattan federal court, are fraught with potential diplomatic and legal complexities for President Trump, as they essentially assert that his family business cheated a foreign country’s government. The Trump Organization, the filing alleges, “also made fraudulent and false claims to the Panamanian tax authorities” to “cover up its unlawful activities.

Carnival Cruise Line, the world's largest cruise operator, is being sued by the family of a 65-year-old passenger who died after allegedly not being allowed off the ship to receive medical treatment for a heart The ship lacked adequate medical facilities, the suit alleges . The man died the next day.

Carnival Cruise Line wouldn ’ t let passenger off ship after ‘major’ heart attack, legal claim alleges . Carnival Cruise Line, the world’s largest cruise operator, is being sued by the family of a 65-year-old passenger who died after allegedly not being allowed off the ship to receive medical treatment for a

Eisenman suffered a serious heart attack while the ship was docked at Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos Islands on Dec. 3, according to a suit filed Wednesday in Miami federal court. Carnival’s doctor said Eisenman would need a stent implanted and that he should be flown to Miami because Grand Turk’s hospital wasn’t equipped with a cardiac unit.

Just before the ship’s 4 p.m. departure, the Eisenman family was told he couldn’t leave and the ship set sail for San Juan. The family had purchased insurance that would cover an air ambulance, according to the suit.

Eisenman died overnight on the ship, but the ordeal didn’t end there, the family said. Carnival told the Eisenmans that his corpse couldn’t be removed in Puerto Rico because the line couldn’t guarantee the body would be returned promptly from the hurricane-ravaged island. Eisenman’s wife and daughter left the ship in Puerto Rico, while his son stayed aboard, accompanying the body back to the continental U.S., according to the suit.

Carnival Cruises to Pay $20 Million in Pollution and Cover-Up Case

Carnival Cruises to Pay $20 Million in Pollution and Cover-Up Case In 2016, Princess Cruise Lines agreed to pay a $40 million penalty for illegally dumping oil-contaminated waste into the sea and acts by employees to try to cover it up. It was the largest criminal penalty ever imposed for intentional vessel pollution, and the Justice Department put the cruise line’s parent company, Carnival Corporation, on notice. But that did not stop the company from polluting again, according to federal prosecutors. On Monday, Carnival and its Princess line acknowledged violating probation terms from the 2016 case and were ordered to pay an additional $20 million penalty, putting further pressure on the world’s largest cruise corporation.

Carnival Cruise Line wouldn ’ t let passenger off ship after ‘major’ heart attack, legal claim alleges . Carnival Cruise Line, the world’s largest cruise operator, is being sued by the family of a 65-year-old passenger who died after allegedly not being allowed off the ship to receive medical treatment for a

The family is now suing Carnival claiming he may not have died if he had been let off the ship . Carnival Cruises is being sued by the family of a grandfather who died on board one of its ships Once they got to Puerto Rico, the cruise ship staff told the family they did not want to let his body off

The Eisenmans allege the cruise line was negligent in not appreciating the severity of Eisenman’s condition and evacuating him quickly.

Carnival shares were little changed Wednesday, gaining 0.4% to close at $53.39. The stock is up 8.3% this year, compared with a 15% gain for the S&P 500 Index.

Cruise lines have personnel specifically trained to handle critical unexpected incidents, according to the Cruise Line International Association. The industry doesn’t have a one-size-fits-all approach to care, which will vary depending on the situation, according to the group’s website.

(Updates with Carnival shares in seventh paragraph. A previous version of this story corrected the location of Grand Turk.)

To contact the reporter on this story: Christopher Palmeri in Los Angeles at cpalmeri1@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Nick Turner at nturner7@bloomberg.net

For more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com

©2019 Bloomberg L.P.

Read More

Family alleges Pleasanton police ‘brutalized’ man who died in custody.
The first time Rose Bauer told the Pleasanton Police Department her 38-year-old son had mental health issues was less than two months before his death. Several days later, her husband, John Bauer, went to the police station and told an officer that Jacob Bauer was going through psychotic episodes but was unarmed and harmless. Rose and John Bauer filed a wrongful death claim Thursday in Alameda County Superior Court against the department, alleging the department had ample warning of their son Jacob Bauer’s deteriorating mental health before he died in their custody last August.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!