World: Yemen's Houthi rebels announce halt in attacks on Saudi Arabia - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

World Yemen's Houthi rebels announce halt in attacks on Saudi Arabia

05:30  21 september  2019
05:30  21 september  2019 Source:   foxnews.com

Iran says U.S. bases and aircraft carriers within range of its missiles - Tasnim

Iran says U.S. bases and aircraft carriers within range of its missiles - Tasnim An Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander said on Sunday that U.S. bases and aircraft carriers in the region were within range of Iranian missiles after the U.S. accused Iran of leading attacks on Saudi oil plants, raising tensions in the Middle East. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.getMedianetNativeAds(true); }); Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi group said it attacked two Saudi Aramco oil plants on Saturday at the heart of Saudi Arabia's oil industry, knocking out more than half the Kingdom's output. U.S.

Yemen ' s Houthis rebels said late Friday night that they were calling a halt on drone and missile attacks in Saudi Arabia . Mahdi al-Mashat, head of the Houthi 's supreme political council, said he hoped "the gesture would be answered by a stronger gesture" from the Saudis . He added the group

Yemen ' s Huthi rebels unexpectedly announced late Friday that they planned to halt all attacks on Saudi Arabia as part of a peace initiative to end It is the third attack in five months on the oil giant's infrastructure, after the Huthis also claimed strikes in May and August. Saudi Arabia has so far not

Yemen's Houthi rebels said Friday they are halting all drone and ballistic missile attacks on Saudi Arabia, six days after claiming responsibility for a strike that crippled a key oil facility in the kingdom.

A damaged installation in Saudi Arabia's Abqaiq oil processing plant is pictured on September 20, 2019. - Saudi Arabia said on September 17 its oil output will return to normal by the end of September, seeking to soothe rattled energy markets after attacks on two instillations that slashed its production by half. The strikes on Abqaiq - the world's largest oil processing facility - and the Khurais oil field in eastern Saudi Arabia roiled energy markets and revived fears of a conflict in the tinderbox Gulf region. (Photo by Fayez Nureldine / AFP)        (Photo credit should read FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images) A damaged installation in Saudi Arabia's Abqaiq oil processing plant is pictured on September 20, 2019. - Saudi Arabia said on September 17 its oil output will return to normal by the end of September, seeking to soothe rattled energy markets after attacks on two instillations that slashed its production by half. The strikes on Abqaiq - the world's largest oil processing facility - and the Khurais oil field in eastern Saudi Arabia roiled energy markets and revived fears of a conflict in the tinderbox Gulf region. (Photo by Fayez Nureldine / AFP) (Photo credit should read FAYEZ NURELDINE/AFP/Getty Images)

Iran dismisses US allegation it was behind Saudi oil attacks

Iran dismisses US allegation it was behind Saudi oil attacks Iran denied on Sunday it was involved in Yemen rebel drone attacks the previous day targeting the world's biggest oil processing facility and an oil field in Saudi Arabia, just hours after America's top diplomat alleged that Tehran was behind the "unprecedented attack on the world's energy supply." © Provided by The Associated Press This Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, satellite image from Planet Labs Inc. shows thick black smoke rising from Saudi Aramco's Abqaiq oil processing facility in Buqyaq, Saudi Arabia.

Yemen ’ s Houthi rebels have announced a halt on strikes against Saudi Arabia , adding that they expect reciprocal steps from Riyadh. The ceasefire offer comes days after a major attack on Saudi oil refineries claimed by the Houthis . The televised announcement was made on Friday by Mahdi

Saudi -led intervention in Yemen also called the Arab coalition ( Arabic : التحالف العربي‎) is an invasion that was launched by Saudi Arabia in 2015

The announcement could be the first step toward a wider ceasefire in Yemen, but its effect remained unclear, and there was no immediate response from the Saudi-led coalition.

The halt was proclaimed by Mahdi al Mashat, the head of the Houthis' supreme political council, which runs rebel-held areas in Yemen. He said the group was waiting for a "positive response" from Saudi Arabia. It was not clear what such a response would entail.

The Iran-backed Houthis claimed responsibility for the Sept. 14 attacks on Saudi oil facilities, briefly interrupting the production for five percent of the world's oil supplies. The U.S. and the Saudis have blamed Iran, which denies any responsibility and has said that any retaliatory strikes would result in "all-out war."

Houthi rebels threaten more attacks on Saudi facilities

Houthi rebels threaten more attacks on Saudi facilities Yemen's Houthi rebels are threatening additional attacks on Saudi oil facilities after claiming responsibility for drone strikes that disrupted Saudi Arabia's crude oil output, the group's al-Masirah TV reported Monday.Companies and foreigners should avoid oil facilities because they may be targeted at any moment, Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree said via the outlet. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.

The Houthi movement, officially called Ansar Allah and colloquially simply Houthis , is an Islamic political and armed movement that emerged from Sa'dah in northern Yemen in the 1990 s .

BEIRUT, Lebanon — Yemen ’ s Houthi rebels carried out multiple drone attacks on Saudi oil facilities on Tuesday, a day after Saudi Arabia said two of its oil tankers had been damaged in an act of sabotage, ratcheting up tensions in the region.

PENTAGON WEIGHING MOVE TO SEND MORE TROOPS TO MIDDLE EAST TO DETER CONFLICT

Yemen has been ravaged by conflict since late 2014 when Houthi rebels, supported by Iran, captured much of the country, including the capital, Sanaa. In 2015, a Saudi-led military coalition launched an air campaign against Houthi rebels. More than 70,000 civilians have died since 2016 and millions more live on the brink of famine, according to the Armed Conflict and Location Event Data Project (ACLED).

'SONIC WEAPON' USED ON DIPLOMATS IN CUBA MAY HAVE BEEN PESTICIDE, STUDY FINDS

Alternatively, Lebanese militant group Hezbollah called Friday for Saudi Arabia to cease its influence in Yemen's civil war. In a televised speech, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah warned Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to stop inciting war "because your houses are made of glass." Hezbollah and the Houthis are both backed by Iran.

"Continuing the war against Yemen with no solution is pointless. You are starting to pay the price," Nasrallah said. "One strike knocked out half the oil production, and another strike, you can imagine what it will do."

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

The Saudi-UAE-led coalition has carried out more than 18,000 raids on Houthi-held areas with logistical support from the U.S. The Houthis have significantly stepped up their attacks on Saudi targets in recent months.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Houthis say they killed or wounded 500 Saudi-led coalition fighters and captured 2,000; show footage of soldiers, corpses .
If confirmed, the assault would represent a major victory for the Yemeni rebels and fuel more concerns in Riyadh and Washington about Iran’s influence in the region.The rebels also said they killed or wounded 500 coalition soldiers.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 32
This is interesting!