World Navalny's accounts frozen, his apartment seized, according to his spokesperson
Navalny's team says nerve agent used to poison him found on hotel room bottle
Traces of the Novichok nerve agent used to poison Russian opposition leader Alexey Navalny were found on a bottle in his hotel room in Siberia, his team said. The discovery suggests that Navalny was poisoned before he left the hotel and not at the airport, where they initially suspected he might have ingested the poison through a cup of tea.
RUSSIA-POLITICS-NAVALNY-JUSTICE: Navalny's accounts frozen, his apartment seized, according to his spokesperson
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian opponent Alexei Navalny's bank accounts have been frozen and his apartment has been seized in court proceedings, while 'he was in the Berlin hospital where he was admitted after a suspicious intoxication, his spokesperson announced Thursday.
"This means that the apartment can not be sold, given or mortgaged," said Kira Iarmich, in a video posted on Twitter.
Alexeï Navalny was hospitalized at the end of August in serious condition in Omsk, Siberia, then transferred two days later to Berlin. The German government concluded that he had been poisoned with Novichok, a neurotoxic substance. Western powers are demanding an explanation from the Kremlin, which denies any involvement and says it has no evidence that this is a criminal act.
(Gabrielle Tétrault-Farber, French version Jean-Philippe Lefief, edited by Jean-Michel Bélot)
'You are good people:' Navalny thanks Russian pilots, medics .
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny, who is in Germany recovering from what authorities there determined to be nerve agent poisoning, thanked Russian pilots and paramedics for acting quickly after he fell into a coma on a flight from Siberia. Navalny, who collapsed on a plane to Moscow on Aug. 20 and spent nearly three weeks in a coma, said in an Instagram post on Friday that pilots “quickly landed the plane in Omsk” and medical workers at the airport “jammed a dose of atropine" into him, immediately recognizing “a toxic poisoning.